Add character-specific bonus feat?

  • mythicsilk
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
      My GM just threw a twist at one of the characters in our party. As a
      quest reward, this ranger character was given a free feat choice,
      above and beyond what is normally allowed for his class. I'm not sure
      how to translate this into PCGen. I don't really want to modify his
      class, because he's still a ranger. PCGen won't let me just give him a
      free feat - says he has zero choices available. Is there some way I
      can add another feat to the character?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
        On 11/29/05 5:18 PM, "mythicsilk" <sfranklin1717@...> wrote:

        > My GM just threw a twist at one of the characters in our party. As a
        > quest reward, this ranger character was given a free feat choice,
        > above and beyond what is normally allowed for his class. I'm not sure
        > how to translate this into PCGen. I don't really want to modify his
        > class, because he's still a ranger. PCGen won't let me just give him a
        > free feat - says he has zero choices available. Is there some way I
        > can add another feat to the character?

        Cheat ;-)

        In the feat tab there is a field showing the number of feats you have left
        to pick. You can add to this simply by typing a number in it, add a one and
        you can choose one more feat.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
          Two ways jump to mind off the cuff and I'm sure the more experience
          monkeys have more:

          1st and easiest: With PCGen open, go to the feat tab, in the little box
          that says how many feats are available (in this case 0) click in there
          and type 1 or what number of free feats you want.

          Another way is to create a template using a bonus tag to give the
          desired amounts of feats.

          mythicsilk wrote:
          > My GM just threw a twist at one of the characters in our party. As a
          > quest reward, this ranger character was given a free feat choice,
          > above and beyond what is normally allowed for his class. I'm not sure
          > how to translate this into PCGen. I don't really want to modify his
          > class, because he's still a ranger. PCGen won't let me just give him a
          > free feat - says he has zero choices available. Is there some way I
          > can add another feat to the character?

          ---
          Virus Database (VPS): 0548-0, 11/29/2005
          Tested on: 11/29/2005 2:27:18 PM

        • mythicsilk
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005

            > On 11/29/05 5:18 PM, "mythicsilk" <sfranklin1717@g...> wrote:
            > > Is there some way I can add another feat to the character?
            >
            > Cheat ;-)
            >
            > In the feat tab there is a field showing the number of feats you
            have left
            > to pick. You can add to this simply by typing a number in it, add a
            one and
            > you can choose one more feat.

            Wow, that's simple. Can't believe I didn't try that. :) Thanks for the
            suggestion!