[PCGEN] [Bug] Skill Survival et all not working as should

    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 24, 2005
      Hi all,

      The survival skill doesn't output as it should. Survival Sub categories
      aren't display since they are "exclusive" on the trained/untrained output.

      I've managed to code something to get it to work, it's not perfect...
      I'd like to have it only display the skill if it's different from the
      base survival skill from a "synergy" bonus. But as is, it display all
      subs of the survival skill and copies the skill ranks.

      I used the MOD as I have my own custom setting I use. Switch out the
      mods into the actual files and it should work just fine.
      Ignore Tracking as that wasn't included in the RSRD, I also noticed many
      synergies weren't being added....

      Here is my fix/work-around:

      Survival.MOD DEFINE:SurvivalRank|0
      BONUS:VAR|SurvivalRank|SKILLRANK=SURVIVAL

      Survival (Underground).MOD KEYSTAT:WIS USEUNTRAINED:YES
      VISIBLE:ALWAYS|READONLY PRESKILL:Knowledge (Dungeoneering)=5
      TYPE:Wisdom.Survival BONUS:SKILL|Survival
      (Underground)|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge
      (Dungeoneering)=5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK

      SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (Underground)|SurvivalRank

      Survival (The Planes).MOD KEYSTAT:WIS USEUNTRAINED:YES
      VISIBLE:ALWAYS|READONLY PRESKILL:Knowledge (The Planes)=5
      TYPE:Wisdom.Survival BONUS:SKILL|Survival (The
      Planes)|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (The Planes)=5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK

      SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (The Planes)|SurvivalRank

      Survival (Natural environments).MOD KEYSTAT:WIS
      USEUNTRAINED:YES VISIBLE:ALWAYS|READONLY PRESKILL:Knowledge
      (Nature)=5 TYPE:Wisdom.Survival

      SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (Natural environments)|SurvivalRank

      Survival (Lost/Natural hazards).MOD KEYSTAT:WIS
      USEUNTRAINED:YES VISIBLE:ALWAYS|READONLY PRESKILL:Knowledge
      (Geography)=5 TYPE:Wisdom.Survival
      BONUS:SKILL|Survival (Lost/Natural hazards)|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge
      (Geography)=5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK

      SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (Lost/Natural hazards)|SurvivalRank

      Survival (Tracking) KEYSTAT:WIS USEUNTRAINED:YES
      VISIBLE:ALWAYS|READONLY
      TYPE:Wisdom.Survival BONUS:SKILL|Survival
      (Tracking)|2|PRESKILL:1,Search=5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK

      SOURCEPAGE:PHB
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (Tracking)|SurvivalRank

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0547-2, 11/23/2005
      Tested on: 11/24/2005 1:44:30 AM

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 20, 2005
        On 12/2/05 3:21 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Here's what I'm thinking. Code them so the RANKs are only in the
        > main skill (VISIBLE:Export or something) and then add TYPE:Conditional. Set
        > up a preference to only display Conditional skills if
        > a) the preference is checked (Default OFF, because the lengthy skill listing
        > would make this unweildy for those who don't want it, at least untill we get
        > an outcry from users for it to be Default out of the box. For those using
        > TEMP bonuses, they'd want it off....)
        > AND
        > b) the character has a different TOTAL in the conditional than the main
        > skill - Like having the +4 bonus to Combat Casting from the feat

        I run across another problem with this implementation yesterday.

        If you are adding a feat that allows a choice of skills for whatever reason
        VISIBLE:EXPORT skills are displayed. I encountered this working on the
        Loremasters Instant Mastery ability, I found that all the Survival
        sub-skill, while not now visible in the GUI, could be selected and ranks
        added this way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback