Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Elemental classes not working

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
      --- thoron-tir-gwaith@... wrote:

      > > > The problem appears to be that the Elemental
      > > > (Air/Fire) class has a PRERACETYPE:Elemental
      > > > (Air/Fire) and the race only has a
      > TYPE:Elemental so
      > > > it doesn't qualify.
      > >
      > > I've seen a few other races which have the type
      > set to something with
      > > Parentheses, I can't think of any reason for this.
      > Each race should only
      >
      > Different Saves - puts the race to only get the
      > racial Class with the correct saves. We might be
      > able to redo it with the new RACESUBTYPE and
      > PRERACESUBTYPE. Before those, that was the way to
      > keep the separate.

      That may have been the intention but it was done wrong
      in the Elemental case.
      I think that the PRERACE:RACESUBTYPE=x is the way to
      do this since the RACETYPE for Elementals should be
      Elemental not Elemental (Air/Fire).

      -Aaron

      ----------------
      Aaron Divinsky
      PCGen Data Tamarin, Doc Lemur

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
        On 11/11/05 9:17 AM, "thoron-tir-gwaith@..."
        <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        >>> The problem appears to be that the Elemental
        >>> (Air/Fire) class has a PRERACETYPE:Elemental
        >>> (Air/Fire) and the race only has a TYPE:Elemental so
        >>> it doesn't qualify.
        >>
        >> I've seen a few other races which have the type set to something with
        >> Parentheses, I can't think of any reason for this. Each race should only
        >
        > Different Saves - puts the race to only get the racial Class with the correct
        > saves. We might be able to redo it with the new RACESUBTYPE and
        > PRERACESUBTYPE. Before those, that was the way to keep the separate.

        That will certainly work, Elementals all get elemental subtypes so we will
        be able to use PRERACE:RACESUBTYPE=x to qualify the save bonuses once those
        are in place.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
          I am using a windows XP machine with Sun Java runtime 5.0 update 5, AMD
          3000+ with 1Gig of ram and a nVidia 6200 AGP card.

          When I run PCGen it opens with a maximized window (which is correct), that
          is completely blank white (which is not correct).
          At this point I can do nothing (because the window is completely blank)
          and I have no errors... however when I close the program it returns the
          following.

          8<

          Could not get a writer to write to
          B:\Gaming\pcgen\data\customsources\35e\customEquipment.lst
          This means that your custom files won't be written. Please check the path.
          java.io.FileNotFoundException:
          B:\Gaming\pcgen\data\customsources\35e\customEquipment.lst (The system
          cannot find the path specified)
          at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
          at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
          at pcgen.core.CustomData.getWriter(CustomData.java:399)
          at
          pcgen.core.CustomData.getCustomEquipmentWriter(CustomData.java:358)
          at pcgen.core.CustomData.writeCustomItems(CustomData.java:229)
          at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.handleQuit(PCGen_Frame1.java:1947)
          at
          pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.processWindowEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:1065)
          at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Unknown Source)
          at
          pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:3131)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
          Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
          Source)

          > 8

          any possibilities?
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
            Hi David,

            The error output you list is related to a bug I just fixed (bug #1354856
            - Custom Equipment Fails to Save on Exit) - but it would not cause your
            window to be blank. Have you tried running PCGen with the
            pcgen_high_mem.bat file? It might be that Java is not allocating
            sufficient of your 1Gb of ram for PCGen to function.

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code Gibbon

            On 12/11/2005 3:52 PM David M. Bebber wrote

          • David M. Bebber
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 12, 2005
              Actually I use my own custom .bat that has "java -Xms512m -Xmx768m -jar
              pcgen.jar" also when I deleted my options.ini then ran it again it ran
              normally, and fully visible.

              at this point I think it might be the font smoothing, or some similar
              graphics tweak.

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 14, 2005
                If you haven't gotten this to work yet. Check this: right click
                the zip file and select properties. If it has an unblock button on
                the properties window, then click it and reextract the contents.