Re: [pcgen] [BUG][DOCS]AUTO:WEAPONPROF

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Works off of both weaponprof and equipment listings, really. Isn't that
      something? Had to do with some kind of backwards capability or something...
      I'm hazy, but I remember it being keyed off of both, for some reason. Now,
      since you state that it is changed, I think we prob. should start adding to
      the weaponprof.lst files the extra TYPEs. Always was a plan in my book,
      just not high priority since things worked.. If they don't, they are a
      little higher in the priority in my PoV.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      > I believe it keys off of the *weaponprof* TYPE tag, not the *equipment*
      TYPE
      > tag. There are no Slashing, Piercing, etc TYPEs in the weaponprof files.
      > So while the above would work if those were added, as it stands it doesn't
      > work as indicated and I think the entry is misleading people into
      believing
      > that any tag attached to a weapon can be used to grant a proficiency...
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005

        I haven't tested *thoroughly*, but it does not seem to refer to the weapon
        TYPEs at all.

        > extra TYPEs. Always was a plan in my book, just not high

        Yeah, I remember talking about that a looooong time ago too. :p

        Barak