[BUG][DOCS]AUTO:WEAPONPROF

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      I believe that the docs for the above tag are grossly in error (or there's a
      huge bug).

      The docs say, in part:

      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Ranged|TYPE.Piercing|TYPE.Simple
      All "Ranged", "Piercing" and "Simple" weapons are given as free weapon
      proficiencies.

      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Martial.Slashing
      All "Martial" weapons that are "Slashing" type are given as free weapon
      proficiencies.

      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE.Martial.Slashing.Melee
      All "Melee" type "Martial" weapons that are "Slashing" type are given as
      free weapon proficiencies.

      I believe it keys off of the *weaponprof* TYPE tag, not the *equipment* TYPE
      tag. There are no Slashing, Piercing, etc TYPEs in the weaponprof files.
      So while the above would work if those were added, as it stands it doesn't
      work as indicated and I think the entry is misleading people into believing
      that any tag attached to a weapon can be used to grant a proficiency...

      Not sure how to make it clearer, but it shuld be noted somehow.

      Barak
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        Works off of both weaponprof and equipment listings, really. Isn't that
        something? Had to do with some kind of backwards capability or something...
        I'm hazy, but I remember it being keyed off of both, for some reason. Now,
        since you state that it is changed, I think we prob. should start adding to
        the weaponprof.lst files the extra TYPEs. Always was a plan in my book,
        just not high priority since things worked.. If they don't, they are a
        little higher in the priority in my PoV.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005

          I haven't tested *thoroughly*, but it does not seem to refer to the weapon
          TYPEs at all.

          > extra TYPEs. Always was a plan in my book, just not high

          Yeah, I remember talking about that a looooong time ago too. :p

          Barak