Re: [pcgen] Speed Issue (was: Digest Number 4409)

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      > I purchased and loaded some, well 6 or 7, CMP adds on sets into PCGen
      but
      > now PCGen is runs like an overloaded snail. What can I do to return
      it to
      > reasonable operating speed

      A. If you're going to reply to a digest post, *please* change the
      subject line to something more descriptive. Better yet, don't reply at
      all unless you're actually replying to a message in the digest. I'd be
      willing to bet that many of the people who could actually have helped
      simply overlooked your message, deliberately or accidentally, because of
      your lack of meaningful subject line.

      B. If you are having problems with CMP's data sets, you should post on
      their boards about the problem at http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com
      They should be able to address your concern. As an aside, all of the
      CMP sets are designed for a specific version of PCGen, so make sure you
      are using the version recommended for your sets.

      C. All that said, if you have a gig of ram, you might try adjusting the
      memory usage parameters when starting PCGen. You can do this by using
      the pcgen_high_mem.bat file if running on Windows, or by passing
      custom -Xms and -Xmx parameters if you're using some other OS.