Re: Can't See/Create a Familiar

  • gazza_n
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 28, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Barak <barak@v...> wrote:

> [...]
      PCGen in
      > any way whatsoever currently. There have been discussions about
      changing
      > that, but nothing has been done yet.
      >
      > > have the improved familiar feat) and saved the file I'm not
      > > sure its providing any bonus, or appearing on my character sheet.
      >
      > Do you have these problems if you use the datasets that are
      distributed with
      > PCGen? If the answer is yes, then the discussion belongs here. If the
      > answer is no you should wander over to the CMP forums and post there
      about
      > it.

      I went back to basics. Level 1 wizard with a Rat familiar. The
      familiar bonuses appear properly with both datasets, and in both the
      preview and in any type of output I produce. Tried with a Small Air
      Elemental and it still works fine.

      My problem seems to be with a level 6 wizard(evoker) that I've already
      created, and to which I wish to add a familiar to. The bonuses just
      don't appear in any output.

      I have to go out now but I might try rebuilding the character from
      level 1, add the familiar at that point and then complete the other 5
      levels.

      > Barak

      Thank you for your suggestions though. It helps to clarify what sort
      of tests to do when you know a little bit more about the way PCGen
      works! :-)

      Gary