Re: [pcgen] Help - do you own any of these books?

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
      On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 02:25:35PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
      > I'm working on adding the FACE tag to those sources in our repository which
      > do not already have then (due to the fact that the FACE tag came along after
      > these sets were created), I've knocked out most of them (I have a good deal
      > of these in my collection) but I have some remaining which I don't have. If
      > any one has any of the books listed below I need the Face/Space statistic
      > from the monster or race entry, it is usually paired with the Reach stat as
      > in: Space/Reach: 5 by 5 / 5 ft reach, or something like that. If you can
      > help just reply to this with the relevant info, thanks.
      >
      > Bastion Press - Faeries:

      The reach is not explicitly stated for these creatures in the book I
      have (they may be, if the book's been updated). The numbers I give
      below are based on the normal reach for humanoid-shaped creatures of the
      sizes indicated in the book.

      IOW, nothing definitive.

      > Bogie

      Small creature, so 5'.

      > Deep Fey

      Medium creature, so 5'.

      > Faerie

      Varies. "2 to 5 feet tall, with some extremes ranging from a few inches
      to nearly ten feet tall." Default seems to be medium.

      I'd say "medium and small, 5' reach; Large 10' reach, Tiny 0' reach"
      (IIRC Tiny creatures have 0' reach). This is only an interpretation.

      > Feeorin

      Medium creature, 5'.

      > Half-Fey

      Medium creature, 5'.

      > Scath

      Medium creature, 5'.

      > Sprite

      Small creature, 5'.

      > Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:

      These ones are in the book.

      > Stone Dire Tiger

      15 feet/10 feet

      > Eleven Headed Brass Hydra

      15 feet/10 feet

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies "Always code as if the guy who ends up
      keith.davies@... maintaining your code is a psychopath
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
        Thanks Keith
        That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
        different from yours?

        Keith Davies scribed:
        >> Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
        >
        > These ones are in the book.
        >
        >> Stone Dire Tiger
        > 15 feet/10 feet
        >
        >> Eleven Headed Brass Hydra
        > 15 feet/10 feet

        Devon Jones scribed:

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
          Eddy Anthony wrote:

          >Thanks Keith
          > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
          >different from yours?

          His are probably from the Complete book of Eldritch Might. Mine are
          from the BoEM 1 - the 3rd ed version. His numbers look like 3.5
          face/reach numbers (Which makes it teh Complete book of eldritch might

          Devon

          >Keith Davies scribed:
          >

          >>>Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
          >>>

          >>These ones are in the book.
          >>

          >>>Stone Dire Tiger
          >>>

          >>15 feet/10 feet
          >>

          >>>Eleven Headed Brass Hydra
          >>>

          >>15 feet/10 feet
          >>

          >Devon Jones scribed:
          >

          >>>Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
          >>>

          >>Stone (Dire) Tiger
          >>Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.
          >>

          >>Eleven-Headed Brass Hydra
          >>Face/Reach: 20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.

        • Kevin Brown
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
            > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
            > different from yours?

            IIRC:

            D&D 3e:
            Sizes range from fine to colossal and types of long, normal or large.

            So you could be long large, tall large or just tall and each had
            differences in the facing.

            D&D 3.5:
            Facing is square for all creatures. So if you are medium, you are 5x5.
            Large is 10x10, huge 15x15, etc... no 5x10 or 10x15...
          • Keith Davies
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
              On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
              > Thanks Keith
              > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
              > different from yours?

              Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
              upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
              one instead?

              Keith
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                Keith Davies scribed:

                >> Thanks Keith
                >> That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                >> different from yours?
                >
                > Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                > upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                > one instead?

                Yeah, what we got is for 3.0. I'm sure that's why there was a difference.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                  > Pandahead Productions - Sellout!:
                  > California Acid Viper
                  1'x1'/5'
                  > Dark Retcher
                  40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'
                  > Death Pinata
                  5'x5'/5'
                  > Desperators
                  1'x1'/5'
                  > Flenser
                  5'x5'/10'
                  > Grimholds
                  5'x5'/5'
                  > Plasma Wench
                  5'x5'/5'
                  > Retcheds
                  5'x5'/5'
                  > Whammies
                  1'x1'/5'

                  Paul W. King
                  OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                • Keith Davies
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                    On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:30:27PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                    > Keith Davies scribed:
                    >
                    > >> Thanks Keith
                    > >> That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                    > >> different from yours?
                    > >
                    > > Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                    > > upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                    > > one instead?
                    >
                    > Yeah, what we got is for 3.0. I'm sure that's why there was a difference.

                    Almost certainly, since 3.0 used x*y space and 3.5 uses just 'x feet'.

                    Keith
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                      Thanks Paul, one more to go.

                      On 10/2/05 10:22 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                      >> Dark Retcher
                      > 40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'

                      Choices??? ;-)
                      I went with 40 x 40, I figure that's how it's likely to fight.
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                        > Thanks Paul, one more to go.

                        No problem

                        >>> Dark Retcher
                        >> 40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'
                        >
                        > Choices??? ;-)
                        > I went with 40 x 40, I figure that's how it's likely to fight.

                        Yeah, choices. Its a snake after all. :)