Re: [pcgen] Help - do you own any of these books?

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
      Eddy Anthony wrote:

      >I'm working on adding the FACE tag to those sources in our repository which
      >do not already have then (due to the fact that the FACE tag came along after
      >these sets were created), I've knocked out most of them (I have a good deal
      >of these in my collection) but I have some remaining which I don't have. If
      >any one has any of the books listed below I need the Face/Space statistic
      >from the monster or race entry, it is usually paired with the Reach stat as
      >in: Space/Reach: 5 by 5 / 5 ft reach, or something like that. If you can
      >help just reply to this with the relevant info, thanks.

      Got this one. I'll give you the full entry just so it can be checekd.

      >Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
      >Stone Dire Tiger

      10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.

      Stone (Dire) Tiger
      Huge Construct
      Hit Dice: 16d10 (88 hp)
      Initiative: +0
      Speed: 30 ft.
      AC: 22 (–2 size, +14 natural)
      Attacks: 2 claws +23 melee; bite +18 melee
      Damage: Claw 2d4+13; bite 2d6+6
      Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.
      Special Attacks: Pounce, improved grab, rake
      2d4+6, haste
      Special Qualities: Scent, Construct immunities
      Saves: Fort +10, Ref +10,Will +10
      Abilities: Str 37, Dex 11, Con —,
      Int —,Wis 10, Cha 1
      Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
      Challenge Rating: 13
      Treasure: None
      Alignment: Always neutral
      Advancement: 17–32 HD (Huge);
      33–48 (Gargantuan)

      >Eleven Headed Brass Hydra

      20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.

      Eleven-Headed Brass Hydra
      Huge Construct
      Hit Dice: 11d10 (60 hp)
      Initiative: +1 (Dex)
      Speed: 15 ft., swim 15 ft.
      AC: 25 (–2 size, –1 Dex, +18 natural)
      Attacks: 11 bites +12 melee
      Damage: Bite 1d10+6
      Face/Reach: 20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.
      Special Attacks: Breath weapon
      Special Qualities: Scent, Construct immunities
      Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6,Will +2
      Abilities: Str 33, Dex 8, Con —,
      Int —,Wis 8, Cha 1
      Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
      Challenge Rating: 13
      Treasure: None
      Alignment: Always neutral
      Advancement: -

      Devon
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
        Devon Jones scribed:

        > Got this one. I'll give you the full entry just so it can be checekd.
        >
        >> Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:

        Thanks Devon, fixed and committed.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
          On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 02:25:35PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > I'm working on adding the FACE tag to those sources in our repository which
          > do not already have then (due to the fact that the FACE tag came along after
          > these sets were created), I've knocked out most of them (I have a good deal
          > of these in my collection) but I have some remaining which I don't have. If
          > any one has any of the books listed below I need the Face/Space statistic
          > from the monster or race entry, it is usually paired with the Reach stat as
          > in: Space/Reach: 5 by 5 / 5 ft reach, or something like that. If you can
          > help just reply to this with the relevant info, thanks.
          >
          > Bastion Press - Faeries:

          The reach is not explicitly stated for these creatures in the book I
          have (they may be, if the book's been updated). The numbers I give
          below are based on the normal reach for humanoid-shaped creatures of the
          sizes indicated in the book.

          IOW, nothing definitive.

          > Bogie

          Small creature, so 5'.

          > Deep Fey

          Medium creature, so 5'.

          > Faerie

          Varies. "2 to 5 feet tall, with some extremes ranging from a few inches
          to nearly ten feet tall." Default seems to be medium.

          I'd say "medium and small, 5' reach; Large 10' reach, Tiny 0' reach"
          (IIRC Tiny creatures have 0' reach). This is only an interpretation.

          > Feeorin

          Medium creature, 5'.

          > Half-Fey

          Medium creature, 5'.

          > Scath

          Medium creature, 5'.

          > Sprite

          Small creature, 5'.

          > Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:

          These ones are in the book.

          > Stone Dire Tiger

          15 feet/10 feet

          > Eleven Headed Brass Hydra

          15 feet/10 feet

          Keith
          --
          Keith Davies "Always code as if the guy who ends up
          keith.davies@... maintaining your code is a psychopath
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
            Thanks Keith
            That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
            different from yours?

            Keith Davies scribed:
            >> Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
            >
            > These ones are in the book.
            >
            >> Stone Dire Tiger
            > 15 feet/10 feet
            >
            >> Eleven Headed Brass Hydra
            > 15 feet/10 feet

            Devon Jones scribed:

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
              Eddy Anthony wrote:

              >Thanks Keith
              > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
              >different from yours?

              His are probably from the Complete book of Eldritch Might. Mine are
              from the BoEM 1 - the 3rd ed version. His numbers look like 3.5
              face/reach numbers (Which makes it teh Complete book of eldritch might

              Devon

              >Keith Davies scribed:
              >

              >>>Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
              >>>

              >>These ones are in the book.
              >>

              >>>Stone Dire Tiger
              >>>

              >>15 feet/10 feet
              >>

              >>>Eleven Headed Brass Hydra
              >>>

              >>15 feet/10 feet
              >>

              >Devon Jones scribed:
              >

              >>>Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
              >>>

              >>Stone (Dire) Tiger
              >>Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.
              >>

              >>Eleven-Headed Brass Hydra
              >>Face/Reach: 20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.

            • Kevin Brown
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                > different from yours?

                IIRC:

                D&D 3e:
                Sizes range from fine to colossal and types of long, normal or large.

                So you could be long large, tall large or just tall and each had
                differences in the facing.

                D&D 3.5:
                Facing is square for all creatures. So if you are medium, you are 5x5.
                Large is 10x10, huge 15x15, etc... no 5x10 or 10x15...
              • Keith Davies
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                  On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                  > Thanks Keith
                  > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                  > different from yours?

                  Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                  upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                  one instead?

                  Keith
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Keith Davies scribed:

                    >> Thanks Keith
                    >> That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                    >> different from yours?
                    >
                    > Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                    > upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                    > one instead?

                    Yeah, what we got is for 3.0. I'm sure that's why there was a difference.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                      > Pandahead Productions - Sellout!:
                      > California Acid Viper
                      1'x1'/5'
                      > Dark Retcher
                      40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'
                      > Death Pinata
                      5'x5'/5'
                      > Desperators
                      1'x1'/5'
                      > Flenser
                      5'x5'/10'
                      > Grimholds
                      5'x5'/5'
                      > Plasma Wench
                      5'x5'/5'
                      > Retcheds
                      5'x5'/5'
                      > Whammies
                      1'x1'/5'

                      Paul W. King
                      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                    • Keith Davies
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                        On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:30:27PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                        > Keith Davies scribed:
                        >
                        > >> Thanks Keith
                        > >> That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                        > >> different from yours?
                        > >
                        > > Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                        > > upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                        > > one instead?
                        >
                        > Yeah, what we got is for 3.0. I'm sure that's why there was a difference.

                        Almost certainly, since 3.0 used x*y space and 3.5 uses just 'x feet'.

                        Keith
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                          Thanks Paul, one more to go.

                          On 10/2/05 10:22 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                          >> Dark Retcher
                          > 40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'

                          Choices??? ;-)
                          I went with 40 x 40, I figure that's how it's likely to fight.
                          --
                          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                            > Thanks Paul, one more to go.

                            No problem

                            >>> Dark Retcher
                            >> 40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'
                            >
                            > Choices??? ;-)
                            > I went with 40 x 40, I figure that's how it's likely to fight.

                            Yeah, choices. Its a snake after all. :)