Help - do you own any of these books?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
      I'm working on adding the FACE tag to those sources in our repository which
      do not already have then (due to the fact that the FACE tag came along after
      these sets were created), I've knocked out most of them (I have a good deal
      of these in my collection) but I have some remaining which I don't have. If
      any one has any of the books listed below I need the Face/Space statistic
      from the monster or race entry, it is usually paired with the Reach stat as
      in: Space/Reach: 5 by 5 / 5 ft reach, or something like that. If you can
      help just reply to this with the relevant info, thanks.

      Pandahead Productions - Sellout!:
      California Acid Viper
      Dark Retcher
      Death Pinata
      Desperators
      Flenser
      Grimholds
      Plasma Wench
      Retcheds
      Whammies

      Bastion Press - Faeries:
      Bogie
      Deep Fey
      Faerie
      Feeorin
      Half-Fey
      Scath
      Sprite

      Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
      Stone Dire Tiger
      Eleven Headed Brass Hydra

      Battlefield Press - Cityscape
      Fower
      Kazeen
      Kobarr
      Kayan
      Magog
      Moria
      Nimmr
      Remusian
      Soloton
      Turok Nomad
      Wildling

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
        Eddy Anthony wrote:

        >I'm working on adding the FACE tag to those sources in our repository which
        >do not already have then (due to the fact that the FACE tag came along after
        >these sets were created), I've knocked out most of them (I have a good deal
        >of these in my collection) but I have some remaining which I don't have. If
        >any one has any of the books listed below I need the Face/Space statistic
        >from the monster or race entry, it is usually paired with the Reach stat as
        >in: Space/Reach: 5 by 5 / 5 ft reach, or something like that. If you can
        >help just reply to this with the relevant info, thanks.

        Got this one. I'll give you the full entry just so it can be checekd.

        >Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
        >Stone Dire Tiger

        10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.

        Stone (Dire) Tiger
        Huge Construct
        Hit Dice: 16d10 (88 hp)
        Initiative: +0
        Speed: 30 ft.
        AC: 22 (–2 size, +14 natural)
        Attacks: 2 claws +23 melee; bite +18 melee
        Damage: Claw 2d4+13; bite 2d6+6
        Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.
        Special Attacks: Pounce, improved grab, rake
        2d4+6, haste
        Special Qualities: Scent, Construct immunities
        Saves: Fort +10, Ref +10,Will +10
        Abilities: Str 37, Dex 11, Con —,
        Int —,Wis 10, Cha 1
        Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
        Challenge Rating: 13
        Treasure: None
        Alignment: Always neutral
        Advancement: 17–32 HD (Huge);
        33–48 (Gargantuan)

        >Eleven Headed Brass Hydra

        20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.

        Eleven-Headed Brass Hydra
        Huge Construct
        Hit Dice: 11d10 (60 hp)
        Initiative: +1 (Dex)
        Speed: 15 ft., swim 15 ft.
        AC: 25 (–2 size, –1 Dex, +18 natural)
        Attacks: 11 bites +12 melee
        Damage: Bite 1d10+6
        Face/Reach: 20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.
        Special Attacks: Breath weapon
        Special Qualities: Scent, Construct immunities
        Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6,Will +2
        Abilities: Str 33, Dex 8, Con —,
        Int —,Wis 8, Cha 1
        Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
        Challenge Rating: 13
        Treasure: None
        Alignment: Always neutral
        Advancement: -

        Devon
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
          Devon Jones scribed:

          > Got this one. I'll give you the full entry just so it can be checekd.
          >
          >> Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:

          Thanks Devon, fixed and committed.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
            On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 02:25:35PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > I'm working on adding the FACE tag to those sources in our repository which
            > do not already have then (due to the fact that the FACE tag came along after
            > these sets were created), I've knocked out most of them (I have a good deal
            > of these in my collection) but I have some remaining which I don't have. If
            > any one has any of the books listed below I need the Face/Space statistic
            > from the monster or race entry, it is usually paired with the Reach stat as
            > in: Space/Reach: 5 by 5 / 5 ft reach, or something like that. If you can
            > help just reply to this with the relevant info, thanks.
            >
            > Bastion Press - Faeries:

            The reach is not explicitly stated for these creatures in the book I
            have (they may be, if the book's been updated). The numbers I give
            below are based on the normal reach for humanoid-shaped creatures of the
            sizes indicated in the book.

            IOW, nothing definitive.

            > Bogie

            Small creature, so 5'.

            > Deep Fey

            Medium creature, so 5'.

            > Faerie

            Varies. "2 to 5 feet tall, with some extremes ranging from a few inches
            to nearly ten feet tall." Default seems to be medium.

            I'd say "medium and small, 5' reach; Large 10' reach, Tiny 0' reach"
            (IIRC Tiny creatures have 0' reach). This is only an interpretation.

            > Feeorin

            Medium creature, 5'.

            > Half-Fey

            Medium creature, 5'.

            > Scath

            Medium creature, 5'.

            > Sprite

            Small creature, 5'.

            > Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:

            These ones are in the book.

            > Stone Dire Tiger

            15 feet/10 feet

            > Eleven Headed Brass Hydra

            15 feet/10 feet

            Keith
            --
            Keith Davies "Always code as if the guy who ends up
            keith.davies@... maintaining your code is a psychopath
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
              Thanks Keith
              That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
              different from yours?

              Keith Davies scribed:
              >> Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
              >
              > These ones are in the book.
              >
              >> Stone Dire Tiger
              > 15 feet/10 feet
              >
              >> Eleven Headed Brass Hydra
              > 15 feet/10 feet

              Devon Jones scribed:

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                Eddy Anthony wrote:

                >Thanks Keith
                > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                >different from yours?

                His are probably from the Complete book of Eldritch Might. Mine are
                from the BoEM 1 - the 3rd ed version. His numbers look like 3.5
                face/reach numbers (Which makes it teh Complete book of eldritch might

                Devon

                >Keith Davies scribed:
                >

                >>>Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
                >>>

                >>These ones are in the book.
                >>

                >>>Stone Dire Tiger
                >>>

                >>15 feet/10 feet
                >>

                >>>Eleven Headed Brass Hydra
                >>>

                >>15 feet/10 feet
                >>

                >Devon Jones scribed:
                >

                >>>Malhavoc Press - Book of Eldritch Might:
                >>>

                >>Stone (Dire) Tiger
                >>Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 30 ft./10 ft.
                >>

                >>Eleven-Headed Brass Hydra
                >>Face/Reach: 20 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft.

              • Kevin Brown
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                  > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                  > different from yours?

                  IIRC:

                  D&D 3e:
                  Sizes range from fine to colossal and types of long, normal or large.

                  So you could be long large, tall large or just tall and each had
                  differences in the facing.

                  D&D 3.5:
                  Facing is square for all creatures. So if you are medium, you are 5x5.
                  Large is 10x10, huge 15x15, etc... no 5x10 or 10x15...
                • Keith Davies
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                    On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                    > Thanks Keith
                    > That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                    > different from yours?

                    Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                    upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                    one instead?

                    Keith
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                      Keith Davies scribed:

                      >> Thanks Keith
                      >> That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                      >> different from yours?
                      >
                      > Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                      > upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                      > one instead?

                      Yeah, what we got is for 3.0. I'm sure that's why there was a difference.
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                        > Pandahead Productions - Sellout!:
                        > California Acid Viper
                        1'x1'/5'
                        > Dark Retcher
                        40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'
                        > Death Pinata
                        5'x5'/5'
                        > Desperators
                        1'x1'/5'
                        > Flenser
                        5'x5'/10'
                        > Grimholds
                        5'x5'/5'
                        > Plasma Wench
                        5'x5'/5'
                        > Retcheds
                        5'x5'/5'
                        > Whammies
                        1'x1'/5'

                        Paul W. King
                        OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                      • Keith Davies
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                          On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:30:27PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                          > Keith Davies scribed:
                          >
                          > >> Thanks Keith
                          > >> That should do it for Faeries, any idea why Devon's numbers are
                          > >> different from yours?
                          > >
                          > > Ah -- I was reading the PDF, updated for 3.5. I didn't bother going
                          > > upstairs to find the hardcopy 3.0 version. Were you looking for that
                          > > one instead?
                          >
                          > Yeah, what we got is for 3.0. I'm sure that's why there was a difference.

                          Almost certainly, since 3.0 used x*y space and 3.5 uses just 'x feet'.

                          Keith
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                            Thanks Paul, one more to go.

                            On 10/2/05 10:22 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                            >> Dark Retcher
                            > 40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'

                            Choices??? ;-)
                            I went with 40 x 40, I figure that's how it's likely to fight.
                            --
                            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                              > Thanks Paul, one more to go.

                              No problem

                              >>> Dark Retcher
                              >> 40'x40' (coiled) or 10'x110' (fully exteneded)/15'
                              >
                              > Choices??? ;-)
                              > I went with 40 x 40, I figure that's how it's likely to fight.

                              Yeah, choices. Its a snake after all. :)