Re: [pcgen] sourceforge playing up

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
      Andrew Wilson wrote:

      >On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:09:11AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
      >

      >>Hi all
      >>
      >>I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
      >>seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either. Does anyone
      >>know if there's anything up with sourceforge?
      >>

      >Can one of the other developers please respond to this and tell me
      >whether they're getting mail from sourceforge. I need to know if it's
      >general problem or localised to me.
      >
      >Thanks
      >
      >andrew

      Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
      I am *not* getting mail from SF.

      Devon
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
        Devon Jones wrote:

        >Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
        >I am *not* getting mail from SF.
        >
        >Devon

        It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:

        (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
        OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
        necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
        a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
        syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
        been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
        line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.

        Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.

        Devon
      • Andrew Wilson
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
          On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:27:53AM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > Andrew Wilson scribed:
          >
          > >> I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
          > >> seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either. Does anyone
          > >> know if there's anything up with sourceforge?
          > >
          > > Can one of the other developers please respond to this and tell me
          > > whether they're getting mail from sourceforge. I need to know if it's
          > > general problem or localised to me.
          >
          > I'm not getting commit emails nor am I getting tracker update emails, must
          > be a sourceforge problem.

          Thanks guys, I'll put in a support request.

          andrew
          --
          Capricorn: (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)
          You'll be prevented from joining the Army's elite paratrooper unit,
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
            On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 09:35:19AM -0600, Devon Jones wrote:
            > Devon Jones wrote:
            >
            > >Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
            > >I am *not* getting mail from SF.
            > >
            > >Devon
            > >

            > It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:
            >
            > (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
            > OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
            > necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
            > a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
            > syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
            > been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
            > line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.
            >
            > Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.
            >
            > Devon

            The last 30 or so suport requests are all people who's mailing list have
            stopped working.

            andrew
            --
            Scorpio: (Oct. 24 - Nov. 21)
            Leprosy is certainly not the problem it once was, but that might
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
              At 11:35 2005.10.02, Devon Jones wrote:
              >Devon Jones wrote:
              >
              >>Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
              >>I am *not* getting mail from SF.
              >>
              >>Devon
              >>

              >It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:
              >
              > (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
              > OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
              > necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
              > a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
              > syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
              > been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
              > line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.
              >
              > Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.
              >
              > Devon

              We are using the central copy so we should not have anything to change (like you said).

              Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
              Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
              >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
              <mailto:beaudoer@...>
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                Andrew Wilson scribed:

                > I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
                > seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either.

                I've started to get commit mails and tracker updates for work I did last
                night (just a few so far), maybe they have fixed the problem.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                  At 11:43 2005.10.02, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                  >On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 09:35:19AM -0600, Devon Jones wrote:
                  >> Devon Jones wrote:
                  >>
                  >> >Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
                  >> >I am *not* getting mail from SF.
                  >> >
                  >> >Devon
                  >> >

                  >> It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:
                  >>
                  >> (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
                  >> OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
                  >> necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
                  >> a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
                  >> syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
                  >> been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
                  >> line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.
                  >>
                  >> Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.
                  >>
                  >> Devon
                  >
                  >The last 30 or so suport requests are all people who's mailing list have
                  >stopped working.
                  >
                  >andrew

                  I just commited a file to check and received the notification 1 or 2 minutes after the commit. I have also received a notification for pcgendm repository this morning so my guess is that it is working now.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                    On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:46:37PM -0400, Éric Beaudoin wrote:
                    > At 11:43 2005.10.02, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                    >> The last 30 or so suport requests are all people who's mailing list
                    >> have stopped working.
                    >>
                    >> andrew
                    >
                    > I just commited a file to check and received the notification 1 or 2
                    > minutes after the commit. I have also received a notification for
                    > pcgendm repository this morning so my guess is that it is working now.

                    Yeah, I got those too. I'll try a post to the developer list and see if
                    it's back.

                    andrew
                    --
                    Sagittarius: (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)
                    Canadians are known the world over for their laid-back
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                      On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:38:06PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                      > Andrew Wilson scribed:
                      >
                      > > I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
                      > > seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either.
                      >
                      > I've started to get commit mails and tracker updates for work I did last
                      > night (just a few so far), maybe they have fixed the problem.

                      My last post to the developer list just went through as well. The
                      missing mail might be sitting in a mail queue waiting to go out.

                      andrew
                      --
                      Cancer: (June 22 - July 22)
                      Don't worry about politics so much. From time to time, the tree of