Re: [pcgen] sourceforge playing up

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
      On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:09:11AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
      > Hi all
      >
      > I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
      > seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either. Does anyone
      > know if there's anything up with sourceforge?

      Can one of the other developers please respond to this and tell me
      whether they're getting mail from sourceforge. I need to know if it's
      general problem or localised to me.

      Thanks

      andrew
      --
      Scorpio: (Oct. 24 - Nov. 21)
      You like to say your addiction is like a ravenous beast whose hunger
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
        Andrew Wilson wrote:

        >On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:09:11AM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
        >

        >>Hi all
        >>
        >>I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
        >>seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either. Does anyone
        >>know if there's anything up with sourceforge?
        >>

        >Can one of the other developers please respond to this and tell me
        >whether they're getting mail from sourceforge. I need to know if it's
        >general problem or localised to me.
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >andrew

        Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
        I am *not* getting mail from SF.

        Devon
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
          Andrew Wilson scribed:

          >> I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
          >> seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either. Does anyone
          >> know if there's anything up with sourceforge?
          >
          > Can one of the other developers please respond to this and tell me
          > whether they're getting mail from sourceforge. I need to know if it's
          > general problem or localised to me.

          I'm not getting commit emails nor am I getting tracker update emails, must
          be a sourceforge problem.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
            Devon Jones wrote:

            >Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
            >I am *not* getting mail from SF.
            >
            >Devon

            It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:

            (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
            OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
            necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
            a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
            syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
            been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
            line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.

            Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.

            Devon
          • Andrew Wilson
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
              On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:27:53AM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
              > Andrew Wilson scribed:
              >
              > >> I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
              > >> seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either. Does anyone
              > >> know if there's anything up with sourceforge?
              > >
              > > Can one of the other developers please respond to this and tell me
              > > whether they're getting mail from sourceforge. I need to know if it's
              > > general problem or localised to me.
              >
              > I'm not getting commit emails nor am I getting tracker update emails, must
              > be a sourceforge problem.

              Thanks guys, I'll put in a support request.

              andrew
              --
              Capricorn: (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)
              You'll be prevented from joining the Army's elite paratrooper unit,
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 09:35:19AM -0600, Devon Jones wrote:
                > Devon Jones wrote:
                >
                > >Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
                > >I am *not* getting mail from SF.
                > >
                > >Devon
                > >

                > It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:
                >
                > (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
                > OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
                > necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
                > a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
                > syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
                > been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
                > line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.
                >
                > Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.
                >
                > Devon

                The last 30 or so suport requests are all people who's mailing list have
                stopped working.

                andrew
                --
                Scorpio: (Oct. 24 - Nov. 21)
                Leprosy is certainly not the problem it once was, but that might
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                  At 11:35 2005.10.02, Devon Jones wrote:
                  >Devon Jones wrote:
                  >
                  >>Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
                  >>I am *not* getting mail from SF.
                  >>
                  >>Devon
                  >>

                  >It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:
                  >
                  > (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
                  > OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
                  > necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
                  > a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
                  > syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
                  > been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
                  > line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.
                  >
                  > Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.
                  >
                  > Devon

                  We are using the central copy so we should not have anything to change (like you said).

                  Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
                  Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
                  >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
                  <mailto:beaudoer@...>
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Andrew Wilson scribed:

                    > I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
                    > seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either.

                    I've started to get commit mails and tracker updates for work I did last
                    night (just a few so far), maybe they have fixed the problem.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                      At 11:43 2005.10.02, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                      >On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 09:35:19AM -0600, Devon Jones wrote:
                      >> Devon Jones wrote:
                      >>
                      >> >Sorry, didn't check pcgen mail yesterday.
                      >> >I am *not* getting mail from SF.
                      >> >
                      >> >Devon
                      >> >

                      >> It's possible we finally got moved over to the new mail system:
                      >>
                      >> (* 2004-02-16 09:55:08* - Project CVS Service ) Due to the recent
                      >> OS upgrade on the SourceForge.net developer CVS server, it will be
                      >> necessary for any per-project syncmail script installations to make
                      >> a one-line change to their syncmail script. The central copy of the
                      >> syncmail script which is used by a number of projects has already
                      >> been modified in this manner. To function properly, the MAILHOST
                      >> line should be hardcoded to MAILHOST = 'localhost'.
                      >>
                      >> Though I suspect this issue is *not* relevent for us.
                      >>
                      >> Devon
                      >
                      >The last 30 or so suport requests are all people who's mailing list have
                      >stopped working.
                      >
                      >andrew

                      I just commited a file to check and received the notification 1 or 2 minutes after the commit. I have also received a notification for pcgendm repository this morning so my guess is that it is working now.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                        On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:46:37PM -0400, Éric Beaudoin wrote:
                        > At 11:43 2005.10.02, Andrew Wilson wrote:
                        >> The last 30 or so suport requests are all people who's mailing list
                        >> have stopped working.
                        >>
                        >> andrew
                        >
                        > I just commited a file to check and received the notification 1 or 2
                        > minutes after the commit. I have also received a notification for
                        > pcgendm repository this morning so my guess is that it is working now.

                        Yeah, I got those too. I'll try a post to the developer list and see if
                        it's back.

                        andrew
                        --
                        Sagittarius: (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)
                        Canadians are known the world over for their laid-back
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 2005
                          On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:38:06PM -0400, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                          > Andrew Wilson scribed:
                          >
                          > > I'm having trouble posting to the pcgen developers list. I also don't
                          > > seem to be receiving commit emails at the moment either.
                          >
                          > I've started to get commit mails and tracker updates for work I did last
                          > night (just a few so far), maybe they have fixed the problem.

                          My last post to the developer list just went through as well. The
                          missing mail might be sitting in a mail queue waiting to go out.

                          andrew
                          --
                          Cancer: (June 22 - July 22)
                          Don't worry about politics so much. From time to time, the tree of