[DATA?][BUG]RSRD Lich DCs incorrect

  • Tod W. Milam
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Using 5.9.3 on Mac OSX.
      Created a level 9 wizard and applied the Lich template. The DCs for
      the Fear Aura, Paralyzing Touch, and Negative Energy Touch Attack SAs
      are incorrect.
      In rsrd_templates.lst the var LichAbilityDC is defined using HD.
      Searching the PCGenListFileHelp group I found this:
      It looks like LichAbilityDC should be using either TL or (TL + HD) for
      the save DCs.

      Tod

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
        Tod W. Milam scribed:

        > Created a level 9 wizard and applied the Lich template. The DCs for
        > the Fear Aura, Paralyzing Touch, and Negative Energy Touch Attack SAs
        > are incorrect.
        > In rsrd_templates.lst the var LichAbilityDC is defined using HD.
        > Searching the PCGenListFileHelp group I found this:
        > It looks like LichAbilityDC should be using either TL or (TL + HD) for
        > the save DCs.

        Depends on what the text says it should be based on.

        HD returns Monster class levels (or HD in default monster mode).

        TL returns total levels (including monster hit dice, probably need this
        one).

        If you need to get total 'character' levels use (TL-HD).
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
          --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

          > Tod W. Milam scribed:
          >
          > > Created a level 9 wizard and applied the Lich template. The DCs
          > for
          > > the Fear Aura, Paralyzing Touch, and Negative Energy Touch Attack
          > SAs
          > > are incorrect.
          > > In rsrd_templates.lst the var LichAbilityDC is defined using HD.
          > > Searching the PCGenListFileHelp group I found this:
          > > It looks like LichAbilityDC should be using either TL or (TL + HD)
          > for
          > > the save DCs.
          >
          > Depends on what the text says it should be based on.

          > HD returns Monster class levels (or HD in default monster mode).
          >
          > TL returns total levels (including monster hit dice, probably need
          > this
          > one).
          >
          > If you need to get total 'character' levels use (TL-HD).

          The RSRD says the save DC is 10 + ½ lich’s HD + lich’s Cha modifier.
          Since the Lich template doesn't add any HD then they must mean the HD
          of the base creature. Sounds like TL is what was intended.

          Tod

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
            Tod W. Milam scribed:

            > The RSRD says the save DC is 10 + 1Ž2 lich¹s HD + lich¹s Cha modifier.
            > Since the Lich template doesn't add any HD then they must mean the HD
            > of the base creature. Sounds like TL is what was intended.

            Sounds right, so the formula should be:

            10+(TL/2)+CHA
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
              Trackered - # 1310510

              Tod

              --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

              > Tod W. Milam scribed:
              >
              > > The RSRD says the save DC is 10 + 1Ž2 lich¹s HD + lich¹s Cha
              > modifier.
              > > Since the Lich template doesn't add any HD then they must mean the
              > HD
              > > of the base creature. Sounds like TL is what was intended.
              >
              > Sounds right, so the formula should be:
              >
              > 10+(TL/2)+CHA
              > --
              > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

              > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
              > page
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

              Tod Milam
              twmilam@...