Re: [pcgen] How is PCGen's web presence?

  • Éric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      At 18:39 2005.09.30, you wrote:
      >Ok, I did a bit of a survey using Yahoo's new site explorer (which can
      >tell you how many incoming links you have amongst other things). I
      >searched for the bulk of RPG packages that I could think of off the top
      >of my head:
      >http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/
      >
      >Profantasy (Campaign Cartographer): 3,453
      >OpenRPG: 3,137
      >PCGen: 2,569
      >Code Monkey Publishing: 1,734
      >Autorealm: 1,372
      >Twin Rose (Campaign suite): 794
      >DM Genie: 518
      >Jamis Buck's Generators: 334
      >DM's Familiar: 271
      >FantasyGrounds: 245
      >
      >My assumptions are these:
      >1) Longer lived packages will have more links
      >2) More popular packages will have more links
      >3) Defunct packages will have less links (Jamis Buck)
      >
      >All in all, it looks to me like we have a decent web presence, but I'm
      >wondering if y'all have any ideas as to what all we can do to encourage
      >more people to link in to pcgen, and other ways we can raise our profile.
      >
      >I was thinking one good thing might be for use to create a blog so that
      >we can post important things out to a wider audience then the more
      >hardcore people in the Y! groups. In fact, I have a hard time
      >imagining that many people actually keep up with all the traffic on this
      >list - so something that has a little less traffic, but higher quality
      >content (tips, tricks, announcements of new datasets or major features,
      >tutorials, etc) probably would appeal to a decent number of people.
      >
      >Anyway, just some brainstorming, wanted to see how y'all reacted to that
      >as an idea.
      >
      >Devon

      This reminds me, can you put the public PGP key that I use for the release somewhere on the site?

      Here is the key.

      P.S. If any other BOD member use PGP, you are very welcome to sing the key.

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Éric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
        At 18:46 2005.09.30, Éric Beaudoin wrote:

        >Here is the key.
        >[snip.]

        I forgot to mention that this is a new key that I've generated today since the one I was using before expired. I'm about to re-upload the signature file for the .zip of release 5.9.3.