Re: [pcgen] Data Monkey Meeting log - 9/28/05

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
      --- "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>

      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1170710&group_id=3
      > 6698&atid=417819
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> in modern some creature type get
      > to choose either
      > Archaic weapons or simple
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> I had come up with a solution
      > but the KIT set up will
      > make it not work
      > <[DM]Frank_Kliewe> yeah I'm waiting for the tracker
      > to display
      > <[DM]Frank_Kliewe> that darn satelite can be slow
      > sometimes
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> I was just wondering how
      > important you think this is to
      > modern playters
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> er, modern players
      > <kingpaul> why does KIT break a choice?
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> it doesn't
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> here's the thing
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> it appear that default monsters
      > always choose the simple
      > prof
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> if the CHOOSE is implemented
      > from the type template or
      > race then the choice happens during race selection
      > <[DM]Frank_Kliewe> it would be nice to have, but I
      > wouldn't consider it for
      > 5.8.1.
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> since the kit is applied after
      > that it has no say in the
      > matter
      > <kingpaul> i think i get it
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> It's easy enough to do, I've
      > already got it done really
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> as long as a chooser window at
      > race selection dosn't
      > bother anyone
      > <[Content_SB]mosat> but yeah, I'm not going to try
      > this for 5.8.1

      The PROF tag in the kit code is intended to handle
      this. As you point out though, if the creature
      already has a monster level it won't work. I am not
      sure how this would work with races that "don't have a
      monster level" (i.e. that replace it with a character
      class) or if that would apply in this case.

      -Aaron

      ----------------
      Aaron Divinsky
      PCGen Data Tamarin, Doc Lemur

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
        On 9/30/05 1:15 PM, "boomer70" <boomer70@...> wrote:

        >> <[Content_SB]mosat> since the kit is applied after
        >> that it has no say in the
        >> matter

        > The PROF tag in the kit code is intended to handle
        > this. As you point out though, if the creature
        > already has a monster level it won't work. I am not
        > sure how this would work with races that "don't have a
        > monster level" (i.e. that replace it with a character
        > class) or if that would apply in this case.

        He's the idea I had, the default kit for those monsters that get the choice
        would all get a template with REMOVE:FEAT to take the Archaic profs out and
        an ADD:FEAT to add the Simple Prof in, shouldn't be a problem I just needed
        to think about it a bit :-)
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback