Re: [pcgen] Re: Promotions! [EDDY/TIR/ERIC]

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
      On 9/29/05 4:56 AM, "karianna03" <karianna@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm assuming you're mainly looking @ the new data requests area

      No I was going to look at all of them. One of the things I want to go over
      tonight is a data tracker review, I thought we could pre-emptivley do that
      before you got to it... but I see I'm no match for your speed ;p

      > (we
      > have 18 of those). But I've got another priority for you gentlemen
      > <grin>.
      >
      > We have a total of:
      >
      > 52 Data Bugs
      > 49 Data Freqs
      > 34 Tag Additions (which should not require code work according to the
      > definition of the tracker)
      > 3 LST File fixes
      > 3 Tag creation/Modification
      >
      > We especially want to close down pcgendm trackers. I'm happy to go
      > through all of the above with you guys (I suspect many should be moved
      > to code for example).

      There are a number of data trackers which cannot be done without code
      support, those just need to have code FREQs created for them but not moved
      (else how do we know what to implement data wise when they are done)

      The Tag creation/Modification should be moved to Code FREQs if they are
      still valid

      The Tag Additions contain trackers for the addition of the FACE tag and the
      PANTHEON tag to those sources which lack them because (I guess) they were
      made before the tag existed. Those should be easy enough provided we have
      access to the source book. Between me and Tir we've probably got quite a
      few, we'll have to see what's left after that and put a call out.

      > Karianna
      > <General Thorn in Side and Pain in the Proverbial>

      Ouch!
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
        Hey all,

        >No I was going to look at all of them. One of the things I want to go
        >over tonight is a data tracker review, I thought we could
        >pre-emptivley do that before you got to it... but I see I'm no match
        >for your speed ;p

        Just trying to do as much as possible before RL kicks me :-). David
        has volunteered to be the Data TM, so that ought to help you guys heaps!

        > There are a number of data trackers which cannot be done without
        > code support, those just need to have code FREQs created for them
        > but not moved> (else how do we know what to implement data wise when
        > they are done)

        This is true, we need to identify those and shift those across to the
        pcgen project Data Freqs tracker, at least then we can comment
        "Waiting on FREQ X to be coded"

        > The Tag creation/Modification should be moved to Code FREQs if they
        > are still valid

        Fair enough

        > The Tag Additions contain trackers for the addition of the FACE tag
        > and the PANTHEON tag to those sources which lack them because (I
        > guess) they were made before the tag existed. Those should be easy
        > enough provided we have access to the source book. Between me and
        > Tir we've probably got quite a few, we'll have to see what's left
        > after that and put a call out.

        Cool, it did rather look like an easy task for some LST Lemur or two
        :-). Heck I'll do it myself if I can get a PDF of the sources involved.

        Wicked, that's get PCGenDM trackers into shape real fast, we can move
        the rest over to pcgen itself once we've cut down the numbers. Only
        PCGen Docs to go after that :-).

        Karianna
      • David
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 10, 2005
          What is the status of adding books for Mongoose Publishing? I've picked up a
          book for a character of mine that is published by Mongoose and would like to
          know if it can be included in PCGen?

          -- david
          Papa-DRB
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 10, 2005
            David scribed:

            > What is the status of adding books for Mongoose Publishing? I've picked up a
            > book for a character of mine that is published by Mongoose and would like to
            > know if it can be included in PCGen?

            If it's not a licensed product like Babylon 5 or Starship Troopers it should
            be no problem. Which book is it?
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 10, 2005
              Quintesential (or however you spell it) Ranger. It shipped today from Amazon
              and will be delivered before 10/17. I also ordered QR II and will be looking
              in the long run at that.

              But it is going to take a long time to get it down. I will code the few
              things that I really need and then work on it in my (haha!) spare time.

              -- david

            • frank_kliewe
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 8, 2006
                Terry FitzSimons has been doing great work on the docs. He is taking
                the initiative to correct errors and close holes in our documentation
                and he is persistent in asking for those informations that he needs to
                do so, an attitude that is greatly needed to get the job done. Terry
                is hereby promoted to the rank of Docs Tamarin.

                Richard Bowers, also known as gawaine42, is hereby promoted to the
                rank of OS Tamarin. In a time when the OS team needed support for the
                5.10 release he stepped up to the challenge and helped squashing those
                bugs that had found their way into our sheets.

                Well done, guys. Way to go. Congratulations to both of you!

                Cheerio,

                Frank Kliewe
                PCGen Content Silverback
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 8, 2006
                  Congratz, guys.

                  <digs through his monkey pantry>

                  Monkey Snacks[TM] all around!!! :D

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                • Frank Kliewe
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                    DATA
                    Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) is hereby promoted to Data Gibbon. Andrew
                    always keeps improving his LST skills and has reached a level of
                    expertise where we happlily see him working on some aspects of our
                    Core datasets already. Its especially pleasant to get a hand from
                    Andrew now, where Eddy's time on the project has been severely
                    limited.

                    DOCS
                    I found that I've been slacking with promotions, when it comes to the
                    Docs Seconds. I usually see them listed as Second and thus never
                    realized that their rank of expertise did lag behind. For that matter
                    both the former Docs Second Aaron Divinsky (boomer70) and the current
                    Docs Second Eric C. Smith (Maredudd) are hereby promoted to Docs
                    Gibbon.

                    Thank you for all the support you've given to the project guys!

                    Cheerio,

                    Frank Kliewe
                    PCGen Content Silverback

                    --
                    I've been dead once already; it's very liberating. You might think of
                    it as... therapy.