Promotions!

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 27, 2005
      I've been remiss, things are really heating up around here and sometimes
      it's hard to keep up with it all. A lot is getting done and people are
      deserving of some recognition.

      Aaron Divinsky is quite the mover these days, he is behind much of the code
      work on the Default Monster kit project and is working on scripts to convert
      the data now in the race lines for use in those kits. When combined with
      Andargors RSRD export of the monsters equipment and spell lists this feature
      should prove to be a jaw dropper when it is finally rolled out. In addition
      Aaron has pitched in on the docs where his coding abilities allowed him to
      dig into the source code and document some tags entries which have been
      incomplete for some time, He has documented most of the new tags he's
      implemented for the KIT feature and he has completed the CHOOSE page in the
      docs. Thanks Aaron, you are now a Data Tamarin and a Doc Lemur.

      Frank Kliewe continues to champion the Modern gameMode, currently he's
      working up a spec for Moderns abstract Wealth system. Arcana, on which he
      contributed, is in the main line and thanks to Tir will be going into the
      5.8.1 release as well. I continue to pester our PL to talk with the Game
      Mechanics so we can get The Modern Players Companion in as well. Frank, you
      are now a Data Tamarin, have a banana :-)

      We have a new Doc monkey! David Lim recently volunteered to work on the
      docs, he's made some commits, closed some trackers and otherwise jumped
      right in. Thanks David, you are now a Doc Lemur!

      With Stefan and Aaron documenting new code work and David closing down
      trackers we have the makings of an actual doc team which we've needed for a
      while.

      Thanks everyone. Please let me say that I'm probably over extended with the
      amount of hats I'm wearing so if anyone feels I've overlooked them,
      forgotten them or whatever please feel free to email me directly with a
      blunt reminder, I won't mind.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
        Hi all,

        We've had a real shake up over various parts of the PCGEN team, the
        latest version of the spreadsheet will be in the Files section
        (Tracker Monkey sub folder).

        As always please do let me know if there should be any additions,
        deletions or edits.

        Karianna
      • Eddy
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005

          > Frank Kliewe continues to champion the Modern gameMode, currently he's
          > working up a spec for Moderns abstract Wealth system. Arcana, on which he
          > contributed, is in the main line and thanks to Tir will be going into the
          > 5.8.1 release as well. I continue to pester our PL to talk with the Game
          > Mechanics so we can get The Modern Players Companion in as well. Frank, you
          > are now a Data Tamarin, have a banana :-)

          > please feel free to email me directly with a
          > blunt reminder, I won't mind.

          Frank took my advice and reminded me that he was already a Tamarin, I informed him that
          he was now a Tamarin second class! ... just kidding

          Frank is now a Data Gibbon in good standing (sorry no second banana for you).
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
            >(sorry no second banana for you)
            > --
            > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

            Aw, man. How about some grooming then?

            Cheerio,

            Frank Kliewe
            PCGen Data Tamarin (2nd class) & OS Lemur

            --
            No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have
            enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
              > Frank is now a Data Gibbon in good standing (sorry no second banana for you).

              He deserves it. I fell asleep on him testing Arcana in 5.8 mode.... Got an email before I came to work - I'll be working on it when I get back home.

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
                > With Stefan and Aaron documenting new code work and David closing down
                > trackers we have the makings of an actual doc team which we've needed
                for a
                > while.

                Yeah, we've needed a real team there. :) That makes two teams that
                have recently fleshed out: Data isn't just Eddy and me any more! :D

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp

                > Thanks everyone. Please let me say that I'm probably over extended
                with the
                > amount of hats I'm wearing so if anyone feels I've overlooked them,
                > forgotten them or whatever please feel free to email me directly with
                > blunt reminder, I won't mind.

                We need a Data team meeting to discuss priorities, short-term goals,
                and next Stable (5.10) goals, and assignees for the goals. That way
                you and I aren't packing our plates with tons of stuff to the point of
                getting rediculous. :)
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
                  > Data isn't just Eddy and me any more! :D

                  Hey now! I've been doing datasets. ;P

                  Paul W. King
                  OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
                    On 9/28/05 1:10 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

                    > We need a Data team meeting to discuss priorities, short-term goals,
                    > and next Stable (5.10) goals, and assignees for the goals. That way
                    > you and I aren't packing our plates with tons of stuff to the point of
                    > getting rediculous. :)

                    Agreed, how tomorrow evening around 9pm EST sound?
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
                      > > Data isn't just Eddy and me any more! :D
                      >
                      > Hey now! I've been doing datasets. ;P

                      *cough* *cough* Sure Paul; I've been doing some easy sets too, just cause I'm sick of not seeing new sources in PCGen. :)

                      I'm talking maintaining/updating/improving. We've got a team of 4 active and one up-and-coming now (Michael - Psionics, Frank - Modern, Eddy - Spycraft/Equipment, and myself - R/SRD and Races/anything but equipment, and Andargor in the wings with Epic and scripting), which is nice, since we can start to specialize in our stuff. Once we get our load down a bit, I'm going to start pestering Eddy to focus a bit on Spycraft, one of our Core sets that hasn't gotten much TLC recently. :)

                      Tir Gwaith
                      LST Chimp
                    • Eddy Anthony
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 28, 2005
                        On 9/28/05 2:08 PM, "thoron-tir-gwaith@..."
                        <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

                        > I'm going to start pestering Eddy to focus a bit on Spycraft, one of our Core
                        > sets that hasn't gotten much TLC recently.

                        OK I'll bite, what TLC does it need?

                        I've addressed every issue which has been reported on the lists as they have
                        come up and there are no trackers for that right now. I think it has
                        received some good enhancements this past cycle including the vehicle OS
                        block I developed which is being adapted for the MSRD.

                        Frankly, the spare time I can throw at Spycraft will go towards the 2nd
                        edition, which I have in very rough form at the moment.

                        I'd love to get some more data monkeys working on SC2 if there are any
                        Spycraft fans out there.
                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
                          Hi all,

                          I'm assuming you're mainly looking @ the new data requests area (we
                          have 18 of those). But I've got another priority for you gentlemen
                          <grin>.

                          We have a total of:

                          52 Data Bugs
                          49 Data Freqs
                          34 Tag Additions (which should not require code work according to the
                          definition of the tracker)
                          3 LST File fixes
                          3 Tag creation/Modification

                          We especially want to close down pcgendm trackers. I'm happy to go
                          through all of the above with you guys (I suspect many should be moved
                          to code for example).

                          Oh and Eric you now have 17 Prettylst items :-). If you need to
                          recruit another PERL developer, let me know and I'll go persuade
                          someone nice.

                          Karianna
                          <General Thorn in Side and Pain in the Proverbial>
                        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
                            > Oh and Eric you now have 17 Prettylst items :-). If you need to
                            > recruit another PERL developer, let me know and I'll go persuade
                            > someone nice.

                            I've been meaning to ask Andargor if he'd like to take over development of prettylst, since he's another script-monkey. Just get too many other things, I keep forgetting.

                            I'm working on trackers today and tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll get a number of them closed or moving. :)

                            Tir Gwaith
                            LST Chimp
                          • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
                              > I'm assuming you're mainly looking @ the new data requests area (we
                              > have 18 of those). But I've got another priority for you gentlemen
                              > <grin>.
                              >
                              > We have a total of:
                              >
                              > 52 Data Bugs
                              > 49 Data Freqs
                              > 34 Tag Additions (which should not require code work according to the
                              > definition of the tracker)

                              That tracker never got used correctly.

                              > 3 LST File fixes
                              > 3 Tag creation/Modification
                              >
                              > We especially want to close down pcgendm trackers. I'm happy to go
                              > through all of the above with you guys (I suspect many should be moved
                              > to code for example).

                              Yeah, I know... Kar, we need a dedicated Data TM again - that really helped us with the organization and keeping us on track. We've got two ppl (Eddy, myself) that are getting everything piled on. It is hard to see which of the tasks needs to get done next when there is so much piled on. It was hard enough when it was all piled up on one person. With two of us, there is a larger possibility something will fall through the cracks (we sometimes assume the other is working on something, not realizing the other put it on hold for a while).

                              Tir Gwaith
                              LST Chimp
                            • karianna03
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
                                Hey all,

                                Lemme see who I can drag in, hopefully Kent or David can do the trick.
                                Sounds like that Tag Additions at least definitely needs a tidy.

                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
                                > > I'm assuming you're mainly looking @ the new data requests area (we
                                > > have 18 of those). But I've got another priority for you gentlemen
                                > > <grin>.
                                > >
                                > > We have a total of:
                                > >
                                > > 52 Data Bugs
                                > > 49 Data Freqs
                                > > 34 Tag Additions (which should not require code work according to the
                                > > definition of the tracker)
                                >
                                > That tracker never got used correctly.
                                >
                                > > 3 LST File fixes
                                > > 3 Tag creation/Modification
                                > >
                                > > We especially want to close down pcgendm trackers. I'm happy to go
                                > > through all of the above with you guys (I suspect many should be moved
                                > > to code for example).
                                >
                                > Yeah, I know... Kar, we need a dedicated Data TM again - that
                                really helped us with the organization and keeping us on track. We've
                                got two ppl (Eddy, myself) that are getting everything piled on. It
                                is hard to see which of the tasks needs to get done next when there is
                                so much piled on. It was hard enough when it was all piled up on one
                                person. With two of us, there is a larger possibility something will
                                fall through the cracks (we sometimes assume the other is working on
                                something, not realizing the other put it on hold for a while).

                                > Tir Gwaith
                                > LST Chimp
                              • Eddy Anthony
                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
                                  On 9/29/05 4:56 AM, "karianna03" <karianna@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi all,
                                  >
                                  > I'm assuming you're mainly looking @ the new data requests area

                                  No I was going to look at all of them. One of the things I want to go over
                                  tonight is a data tracker review, I thought we could pre-emptivley do that
                                  before you got to it... but I see I'm no match for your speed ;p

                                  > (we
                                  > have 18 of those). But I've got another priority for you gentlemen
                                  > <grin>.
                                  >
                                  > We have a total of:
                                  >
                                  > 52 Data Bugs
                                  > 49 Data Freqs
                                  > 34 Tag Additions (which should not require code work according to the
                                  > definition of the tracker)
                                  > 3 LST File fixes
                                  > 3 Tag creation/Modification
                                  >
                                  > We especially want to close down pcgendm trackers. I'm happy to go
                                  > through all of the above with you guys (I suspect many should be moved
                                  > to code for example).

                                  There are a number of data trackers which cannot be done without code
                                  support, those just need to have code FREQs created for them but not moved
                                  (else how do we know what to implement data wise when they are done)

                                  The Tag creation/Modification should be moved to Code FREQs if they are
                                  still valid

                                  The Tag Additions contain trackers for the addition of the FACE tag and the
                                  PANTHEON tag to those sources which lack them because (I guess) they were
                                  made before the tag existed. Those should be easy enough provided we have
                                  access to the source book. Between me and Tir we've probably got quite a
                                  few, we'll have to see what's left after that and put a call out.

                                  > Karianna
                                  > <General Thorn in Side and Pain in the Proverbial>

                                  Ouch!
                                  --
                                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                  ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Sep 29, 2005
                                    Hey all,

                                    >No I was going to look at all of them. One of the things I want to go
                                    >over tonight is a data tracker review, I thought we could
                                    >pre-emptivley do that before you got to it... but I see I'm no match
                                    >for your speed ;p

                                    Just trying to do as much as possible before RL kicks me :-). David
                                    has volunteered to be the Data TM, so that ought to help you guys heaps!

                                    > There are a number of data trackers which cannot be done without
                                    > code support, those just need to have code FREQs created for them
                                    > but not moved> (else how do we know what to implement data wise when
                                    > they are done)

                                    This is true, we need to identify those and shift those across to the
                                    pcgen project Data Freqs tracker, at least then we can comment
                                    "Waiting on FREQ X to be coded"

                                    > The Tag creation/Modification should be moved to Code FREQs if they
                                    > are still valid

                                    Fair enough

                                    > The Tag Additions contain trackers for the addition of the FACE tag
                                    > and the PANTHEON tag to those sources which lack them because (I
                                    > guess) they were made before the tag existed. Those should be easy
                                    > enough provided we have access to the source book. Between me and
                                    > Tir we've probably got quite a few, we'll have to see what's left
                                    > after that and put a call out.

                                    Cool, it did rather look like an easy task for some LST Lemur or two
                                    :-). Heck I'll do it myself if I can get a PDF of the sources involved.

                                    Wicked, that's get PCGenDM trackers into shape real fast, we can move
                                    the rest over to pcgen itself once we've cut down the numbers. Only
                                    PCGen Docs to go after that :-).

                                    Karianna
                                  • David
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Oct 10, 2005
                                      What is the status of adding books for Mongoose Publishing? I've picked up a
                                      book for a character of mine that is published by Mongoose and would like to
                                      know if it can be included in PCGen?

                                      -- david
                                      Papa-DRB
                                    • Eddy Anthony
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Oct 10, 2005
                                        David scribed:

                                        > What is the status of adding books for Mongoose Publishing? I've picked up a
                                        > book for a character of mine that is published by Mongoose and would like to
                                        > know if it can be included in PCGen?

                                        If it's not a licensed product like Babylon 5 or Starship Troopers it should
                                        be no problem. Which book is it?
                                        --
                                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 10, 2005
                                          Quintesential (or however you spell it) Ranger. It shipped today from Amazon
                                          and will be delivered before 10/17. I also ordered QR II and will be looking
                                          in the long run at that.

                                          But it is going to take a long time to get it down. I will code the few
                                          things that I really need and then work on it in my (haha!) spare time.

                                          -- david

                                        • frank_kliewe
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 8, 2006
                                            Terry FitzSimons has been doing great work on the docs. He is taking
                                            the initiative to correct errors and close holes in our documentation
                                            and he is persistent in asking for those informations that he needs to
                                            do so, an attitude that is greatly needed to get the job done. Terry
                                            is hereby promoted to the rank of Docs Tamarin.

                                            Richard Bowers, also known as gawaine42, is hereby promoted to the
                                            rank of OS Tamarin. In a time when the OS team needed support for the
                                            5.10 release he stepped up to the challenge and helped squashing those
                                            bugs that had found their way into our sheets.

                                            Well done, guys. Way to go. Congratulations to both of you!

                                            Cheerio,

                                            Frank Kliewe
                                            PCGen Content Silverback
                                          • Tir Gwaith
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Aug 8, 2006
                                              Congratz, guys.

                                              <digs through his monkey pantry>

                                              Monkey Snacks[TM] all around!!! :D

                                              PCGen LST Chimp
                                            • Frank Kliewe
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Sep 3, 2007
                                                DATA
                                                Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) is hereby promoted to Data Gibbon. Andrew
                                                always keeps improving his LST skills and has reached a level of
                                                expertise where we happlily see him working on some aspects of our
                                                Core datasets already. Its especially pleasant to get a hand from
                                                Andrew now, where Eddy's time on the project has been severely
                                                limited.

                                                DOCS
                                                I found that I've been slacking with promotions, when it comes to the
                                                Docs Seconds. I usually see them listed as Second and thus never
                                                realized that their rank of expertise did lag behind. For that matter
                                                both the former Docs Second Aaron Divinsky (boomer70) and the current
                                                Docs Second Eric C. Smith (Maredudd) are hereby promoted to Docs
                                                Gibbon.

                                                Thank you for all the support you've given to the project guys!

                                                Cheerio,

                                                Frank Kliewe
                                                PCGen Content Silverback

                                                --
                                                I've been dead once already; it's very liberating. You might think of
                                                it as... therapy.