RE: [pcgen] Re: Help for customisation

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
      But WotC has copyrighted the Complete Arcane book, which covers everything in that book. Hence the request to generalize, as PCGen
      doesn't have permission to distribute WotC's IP.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pkukwork" <philippe.krait@t...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:

        > OK, I have done as you suggested. I would, however, like to point out
        > that:
        >
        > > 1) When asking for help on closed content (like the Hex Blade), please
        > > generalize the terms.
        >
        > Posting small samples like this is not, as far as I know, copyright
        > infringement. It is not as if I posted the whole package or offered it
        > to anyone.

        Technically you are correct, however there was a good bit of flack
        from many people when we were first cutting our teeth on being
        publisher/license friendly. In order to stay in everyone's good
        graces we adopted the extra-careful policy of steering clear of
        details of closed content. Since it's not difficult to describe things
        in general terms, we've had little trouble with this policy.

        -Bryan

        > Philippe
      • Frugal
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
          On Saturday 03 September 2005 14:04, pkukwork wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
          >
          > OK, I have done as you suggested. I would, however, like to point out
          >
          > that:
          > > 1) When asking for help on closed content (like the Hex Blade), please
          > > generalize the terms.
          >
          > Posting small samples like this is not, as far as I know, copyright
          > infringement. It is not as if I posted the whole package or offered it
          > to anyone.

          It depends where you are in the world. I am reading this in the UK where there
          is no "Fair Use" laws to do with copyright.

          --
          regards,
          Frugal