Re: Help for customisation

  • pkukwork
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:

      OK, I have done as you suggested. I would, however, like to point out
      that:

      > 1) When asking for help on closed content (like the Hex Blade), please
      > generalize the terms.

      Posting small samples like this is not, as far as I know, copyright
      infringement. It is not as if I posted the whole package or offered it
      to anyone.

      Philippe
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
        But WotC has copyrighted the Complete Arcane book, which covers everything in that book. Hence the request to generalize, as PCGen
        doesn't have permission to distribute WotC's IP.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        OK, I have done as you suggested. I would, however, like to point out that:

        > 1) When asking for help on closed content (like the Hex Blade), please
        > generalize the terms.

        Posting small samples like this is not, as far as I know, copyright infringement. It is not as if I posted the whole package or
        offered it to anyone.
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pkukwork" <philippe.krait@t...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:

          > OK, I have done as you suggested. I would, however, like to point out
          > that:
          >
          > > 1) When asking for help on closed content (like the Hex Blade), please
          > > generalize the terms.
          >
          > Posting small samples like this is not, as far as I know, copyright
          > infringement. It is not as if I posted the whole package or offered it
          > to anyone.

          Technically you are correct, however there was a good bit of flack
          from many people when we were first cutting our teeth on being
          publisher/license friendly. In order to stay in everyone's good
          graces we adopted the extra-careful policy of steering clear of
          details of closed content. Since it's not difficult to describe things
          in general terms, we've had little trouble with this policy.

          -Bryan

          > Philippe
        • Frugal
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
            On Saturday 03 September 2005 14:04, pkukwork wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
            >
            > OK, I have done as you suggested. I would, however, like to point out
            >
            > that:
            > > 1) When asking for help on closed content (like the Hex Blade), please
            > > generalize the terms.
            >
            > Posting small samples like this is not, as far as I know, copyright
            > infringement. It is not as if I posted the whole package or offered it
            > to anyone.

            It depends where you are in the world. I am reading this in the UK where there
            is no "Fair Use" laws to do with copyright.

            --
            regards,
            Frugal