Re: [pcgen] [FREQ] Hitpoints

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      From: "Barak" <barak@...>
      To: <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 3:07 AM
      Subject: RE: [pcgen] [FREQ] Hitpoints

      As Barak said I use it only for referencing values, I never even tried whether it could be bonused.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data Tamarin & OS Lemur

      --
      Death surrounds me, yet in my head I hear something that sounds like Angels, for I have found the Holy Grail of Firepower
      Mine eyes can but weep as they bear witness to the majesty --- the BFG 9000 (The Doom comic, 1994)
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
        >>> If there was ever a "feature" that needed quietly broken, that's it.
        >>
        >> While I agree (but apparently for other reasons)...
        >>
        >>> You really are asking for trouble with horribly self
        >>> refferential endlessly recursive varaibles.
        >>
        >> Not self referential unless I try and do a bonus to HP with it, now is it?
        >>
        >> As a simple reporting device there's no problem with it.
        >>
        >> Barak
        >
        > As Barak said I use it only for referencing values, I never even tried whether it could be bonused.

        I just tested. I put BONUS:VAR|HP|100 into a feat and nothing happened. So it likes like these can only be read, but not be written to (as it should be for an output token).

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Data Tamarin & OS Lemur