[FREQ] Hitpoints

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      How about a hardcoded VAR to return the characters hit points?

      The Guardinals have Lay on Hands and can heal up to their max HP each day...

      Barak
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
          On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 02:11:33AM +0200, Frank Kliewe wrote:
> [...]

          If there was ever a "feature" that needed quietly broken, that's it.

          You really are asking for trouble with horribly self refferential
          endlessly recursive varaibles.

          andrew
          --
          Leo: (July 23 - Aug. 22)
          Your utter self-confidence and endless optimism will provide
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005

            While I agree (but apparently for other reasons)...

            > You really are asking for trouble with horribly self
            > refferential endlessly recursive varaibles.

            Not self referential unless I try and do a bonus to HP with it, now is it?

            As a simple reporting device there's no problem with it.

            Barak
          • Frank Kliewe
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
              >> If there was ever a "feature" that needed quietly broken, that's it.
              >
              > While I agree (but apparently for other reasons)...
              >
              >> You really are asking for trouble with horribly self
              >> refferential endlessly recursive varaibles.
              >
              > Not self referential unless I try and do a bonus to HP with it, now is it?
              >
              > As a simple reporting device there's no problem with it.
              >
              > Barak

              As Barak said I use it only for referencing values, I never even tried whether it could be bonused.

              Cheerio,

              Frank Kliewe
              PCGen Data Tamarin & OS Lemur

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
                >>> If there was ever a "feature" that needed quietly broken, that's it.
                >>
                >> While I agree (but apparently for other reasons)...
                >>
                >>> You really are asking for trouble with horribly self
                >>> refferential endlessly recursive varaibles.
                >>
                >> Not self referential unless I try and do a bonus to HP with it, now is it?
                >>
                >> As a simple reporting device there's no problem with it.
                >>
                >> Barak
                >
                > As Barak said I use it only for referencing values, I never even tried whether it could be bonused.

                I just tested. I put BONUS:VAR|HP|100 into a feat and nothing happened. So it likes like these can only be read, but not be written to (as it should be for an output token).

                Cheerio,

                Frank Kliewe
                PCGen Data Tamarin & OS Lemur