Newbie : Stupid question...

  • poil_brun@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 7:17 AM
      but I'm new to pcgen!

      I have downloaded dl3e.zip to be able to create characters from the Dragonlance setting in pcgen, but I don't know what I should do with the files once I've unzipped them...

      Could someone please help me?
      Thanks
      Poil Brun
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 7:55 AM
        --- In pcgen@y..., poil_brun@y... wrote:
        > but I'm new to pcgen!
        >
        > I have downloaded dl3e.zip to be able to create characters from the
        Dragonlance setting in pcgen, but I don't know what I should do with
        the files once I've unzipped them...

        > Could someone please help me?

        Unzip it and it should have created a directory called dl3e. I see
        that there's no dl3e.pcc file, so in wordpad or your favorite editor
        add this:
        CAMPAIGN:DragonLance 3e
        GAME:D&D
        CLASS:dl3e\dl3eclass.lst
        RACE:dl3e\dl3erace.lst
        FEAT:dl3e\dl3efeat.lst
        SKILL:dl3e\dl3eskill.lst
        CLASSSKILL:dl3e\dl3eclassskill.lst
        SPELL:dl3e\dl3espell.lst
        CLASSSPELL:dl3e\dl3eclassspell.lst
        DEITY:dl3e\dl3edeity.lst
        DOMAIN:dl3e\dl3edomain.lst
        WEAPONPROF:dl3e\dl3eweaponprof.lst
        EQUIPMENT:dl3e\dl3eequipment.lst

        in the directory where you put PCGen and save it as a text file named
        dl3e.pcc (after you save it, use Windows Explorer to make sure that
        it's still named dl3e.pcc since some editors try to add .txt to the
        end for some annoying reason). Then launch PCGen and it should show
        up. I haven't tried the above - I just looked at the dl3e.zip and
        wrote this up, but it ought to work.
        -Bryan