Re: [pcgen] Boolean expresions fail in JEP Formulas

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
      > (CL>8) this should return a 1 when used in a formula in a class line
      > if the PC has 9 or more levels in the class but it is not.
      >
      > I've traced this back to something introduced in version 5.7.15,
      > versions befor that work as expected and versions after that
      > (including the current Alpha and Production releases) fail.

      Well, that explains a bug with the Spycraft Faceman - that class has boolean in the formula for Checks.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
        On 8/31/05 3:53 PM, "thoron-tir-gwaith@..."
        <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Well, that explains a bug with the Spycraft Faceman - that class has boolean
        > in the formula for Checks.

        No entirely, it actually had the wrong formula in it, it was using the
        formula used in many of the INIT bonuses (and even that was wrong because of
        the JEP failure)

        So even if the Boolean worked it would have been wrong, that was my goof :/
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
          > So even if the Boolean worked it would have been wrong, that was my goof :/

          Yeah, I know, I watched the emails. It wasn't totally yours, tho. I mean, a LOT of Spycraft relys on boolean, and that is what I was referring to... I'd suggest asking Devon for a 5.8.1 fix for this, or Spycraft will have to be written data-wise to correct for the lack, or be broken in the next stable.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp