Rules Lawyer required

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2005
      I have a bug with the following description:

      "I created a druid of 5th level. Then I him added an
      animal companion. The animal companion created does not
      seem to have the proper dexterity adjustment, in the
      summary tab, I can see a +1 in the column other adj but
      I don't see a +1 to the dexterity."

      I assume that the animal companion should automatically get +1 DEX?
      CAn someone confirm please.

    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2005
        From the RSRD:

        Class Level: 3rd-5th
        Bonus HD:+2
        Natural Armor Adj.: +2
        Str/Dex Adj.: +1
        Bonus Tricks: 2
        Special: Evasion

        From rsrd_companionmods.lst:
        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=3
        TYPE:Animal Companion
        HD:2
        SA:Evasion (Ex) DEFINE:EvasionUsable|0
        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE
        BONUS:STAT|STR|1
        BONUS:STAT|DEX|1

        Now, that's ASSUMING that the complaint is based on the RSRD....

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > "I created a druid of 5th level. Then I him added an
        > animal companion. The animal companion created does not
        > seem to have the proper dexterity adjustment, in the
        > summary tab, I can see a +1 in the column other adj but
        > I don't see a +1 to the dexterity."
        >
        > I assume that the animal companion should automatically get +1 DEX?
        > CAn someone confirm please.

      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
          Thanks Tir,

          I created a badger animal companion and sure enough, no DEX bonus was
          applied, confirmed bug :-(.