A small plea about Trackers

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      Hi all,

      I've been going through all of the bugs, needless to say some of the
      descriptions have been less than satisfactory (ending up in me
      deleting said bug, once I've exhausted trying to get more info out of
      people).

      Please, please, please put in a decent description of the problem when
      submitting a tracker, that goes for resident monkeys as well as our
      beloved users.

      Karianna <cracking the whip>

      PS: On a good note, we're heading back down to the < 100 bugs number.
      Anyone who wants to join me on this crusade, drop me a line.
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        > I've been going through all of the bugs, needless to say some of the
        > descriptions have been less than satisfactory (ending up in me
        > deleting said bug, once I've exhausted trying to get more info out of
        > people).

        Go Kar!

        > PS: On a good note, we're heading back down to the < 100 bugs number.
        > Anyone who wants to join me on this crusade, drop me a line.

        Keep assigning me trackers, and I'll keep commenting.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
          On 8/30/05 11:21 AM, "karianna03" <karianna@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I've been going through all of the bugs, needless to say some of the
          > descriptions have been less than satisfactory (ending up in me
          > deleting said bug, once I've exhausted trying to get more info out of
          > people).
          >
          > Please, please, please put in a decent description of the problem when
          > submitting a tracker, that goes for resident monkeys as well as our
          > beloved users.
          >
          > Karianna <cracking the whip>

          I've a request, the trackers for which no work is done because they are
          invalid, out of date or were fixed under another tracker should be set to
          Deleted not Closed otherwise they will show up in the release notes.

          > PS: On a good note, we're heading back down to the < 100 bugs number.
          > Anyone who wants to join me on this crusade, drop me a line.

          I'm all for it, I'll try and keep up with you :-)
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
            Hi all,

            > I've a request, the trackers for which no work is done because they
            > are invalid, out of date or were fixed under another tracker should be
            > set to Deleted not Closed otherwise they will show up in the release
            > notes.

            I totally agree (and was working on that premise from way back -
            should've checked with my SB first really, oops!). I have closed a
            number of trackers where a developer has said 'We did lots of work in
            this area, I think it's fixed', I love it when code monkeys say that ;p

            > I'm all for it, I'll try and keep up with you :-)

            You and Tir are more than keeping up (I'm kinda splitting data Q's
            between the 2 of you, I assume that's sensible).

            Karianna
            136 --> 126 --> 116 bugs to go