Re: [pcgen] The Standards discussion [Tir?/Data SB?]

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2005
      On 8/25/05 9:30 AM, "karianna03" <karianna@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm looking over a few old bugs and
      > some of them mention things like "Re-opened because of discussion on
      > standards". Now, this appears to be referring to LST discussions, so
      > I need to know who is leadinbg this so I can assign them the bug to
      > take into consideration.

      The Standards do refer to LST standards and in the case of this particular
      tracker it has to do with naming conventions.

      The issue boils down to this: do we set the standards based on the published
      names from the source or down we standardize based on PCGens current
      limitations.

      Examples of limitations are: not using dashes in names like Blind-Fighting
      because the program mistakes the dash for a math function. The tracker you
      sight is a bug where in if you have two feats like "Shadow" and "Shadow
      (TT)" only the first will be displayed, PCGen mistakenly thinks the second
      one is an instance of the first and not a completely different feat.

      I'd like to be able to use the names as published but if we do go with that
      standard it will be necessary to give bugs such as these a high priority and
      get them fixed fast.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback