Spycraft Bugs?

  • Kaitlyn
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2005
      Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. :) I've noticed a miscalculation
      in the spycraft code, and am looking for a little help in fixing it.
      I'm not much of a coder, but I kind of combed through the
      documentation to get an idea of what to look for. It may or may not
      be fixed already, but:

      If you create a new Faceman, and go through the creation process, and
      you take him to level 5? His base saves should be Fort/Ref/Will 3/1/3
      on the character sheet. It's reporting 5/1/5, and gets progressively
      more insane the further on the progression chart.

      I did read a little, and found this tag - >

      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Willpower|CL-(CL>
      =4)-(CL>=8)-(CL>=13)-(CL>=18)

      and changed it to

      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Willpower|CL-(CL>
      =4)-(CL>=8)-(CL>=14)-(CL>=18)

      And that seemed to help at level 3, but from there, It's broke and I'm
      lost. :)

      I'll comb through it a little harder to see if I can find other
      buggies.

      Help?

      Also, I would be willing to help enter in .lst files for the rest of
      the Spycraft books, if someone would take the time to teach me a
      little more beyond the documentation.

      Thank you!

      Cheers! :)
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2005
        Kaitlyn scribed:

        > Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. :) I've noticed a miscalculation
        > in the spycraft code, and am looking for a little help in fixing it.

        I'll take a look at this tomorrow and let you know what is going on with it.

        > I'll comb through it a little harder to see if I can find other
        > buggies.

        Cool :-)

        > Also, I would be willing to help enter in .lst files for the rest of
        > the Spycraft books, if someone would take the time to teach me a
        > little more beyond the documentation.

        That would be great! I've wanted to add some of these books myself but the
        docs and the SRDs have kept me busy. I have some small parts of the
        Soldier/Wheelman book coded, I'll upload them to the pcgen_experimental
        group tomorrow, that would be the best one to help work on if you don't have
        anything specific in mind. As far as help outside of the documentation we
        have a yahoo group devoted to the arcane arts of LST, you can find that
        here:

        The other group I spoke of, pcgen_experimental, is the main staging area for
        the data team. You can find it here:

        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2005
          Kaitlyn scribed:

          > If you create a new Faceman, and go through the creation process, and
          > you take him to level 5? His base saves should be Fort/Ref/Will 3/1/3
          > on the character sheet. It's reporting 5/1/5, and gets progressively
          > more insane the further on the progression chart.
          >
          > I did read a little, and found this tag - >
          >
          > BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Willpower|CL-(CL>
          > =4)-(CL>=8)-(CL>=13)-(CL>=18)

          I found the problem, the formula used for the facemans initiative bonus is
          bring used here by accident. The formula should be:
          (((CL+3)*2)/5)-(CL==15)-(CL==17)

          AEG has reformed their methods for formulating progressions, all the charts
          in Spycraft 2.0 follow a regular pattern and the formulas were easy to
          calculate requiring no funky boolean weirdness like this stuff here.

          Trackered:
          [ 1266776 ] [Spycraft] Facemans Fort save off
          <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1266776&group_id=2
          5576&atid=750091>
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23, 2005
            > Kaitlyn scribed:
            >
            > > Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. :) I've noticed a miscalculation
            > > in the spycraft code, and am looking for a little help in fixing it.
            >
            > I'll take a look at this tomorrow and let you know what is going on
            with it.

            > > I'll comb through it a little harder to see if I can find other
            > > buggies.
            >
            > Cool :-)
            >
            > > Also, I would be willing to help enter in .lst files for the rest of
            > > the Spycraft books, if someone would take the time to teach me a
            > > little more beyond the documentation.
            >
            > That would be great! I've wanted to add some of these books myself
            but the
            > docs and the SRDs have kept me busy. I have some small parts of the
            > Soldier/Wheelman book coded, I'll upload them to the pcgen_experimental
            > group tomorrow, that would be the best one to help work on if you
            don't have
            > anything specific in mind. As far as help outside of the
            documentation we
            > have a yahoo group devoted to the arcane arts of LST, you can find that
            > here:

            > The other group I spoke of, pcgen_experimental, is the main staging
            area for
            > the data team. You can find it here:

            > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

            ------
            Awesome! I possess most of the Spycraft books, and am getting the SC
            2.0 whenever it ships in. I will review the documentational and lst
            requirements, and start working on it :) Thank you so much!
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 23, 2005
              On 8/23/05 7:32 AM, "Kaitlyn" <moriahsilverleaf@...> wrote:

              > ------
              > Awesome! I possess most of the Spycraft books, and am getting the SC
              > 2.0 whenever it ships in. I will review the documentational and lst
              > requirements, and start working on it :) Thank you so much!

              Please join pcgen_experimental, I'll try and remember to post the bits I've
              done for Soldier/Wheelman tonight and thanks for any bugs you catch.

              Welcome aboard.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 24, 2005
                > On 8/23/05 7:32 AM, "Kaitlyn" <moriahsilverleaf@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > ------
                > > Awesome! I possess most of the Spycraft books, and am getting the SC
                > > 2.0 whenever it ships in. I will review the documentational and lst
                > > requirements, and start working on it :) Thank you so much!
                >
                > Please join pcgen_experimental, I'll try and remember to post the
                bits I've
                > done for Soldier/Wheelman tonight and thanks for any bugs you catch.
                >
                > Welcome aboard.
                > --
                > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                I have every Spycraft book (two or three copies of most) and even the
                third party books (Most Wanted and Dark Inheritance). I also have 2.0
                and I have to say the new system is very smooth, but does incorporate
                some new options that coders may want to look at (Departments are now
                Origins that are split into Talent and Specialty, Gearing Up is more
                streamline and prestige classes have now been labelled Expert Classes,
                most classes have big changes).

                While I would love to have a perfect 1.0 .lst set and would be glad to
                help error check the chargen aspect of it, I do have to say that it
                may be extremely retrofitted later if you want to make it all
                compatible with the new system.

                Cry
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 24, 2005
                  Tony scribed:

                  > I have every Spycraft book (two or three copies of most) and even the
                  > third party books (Most Wanted and Dark Inheritance). I also have 2.0
                  > and I have to say the new system is very smooth, but does incorporate
                  > some new options that coders may want to look at (Departments are now
                  > Origins that are split into Talent and Specialty, Gearing Up is more
                  > streamline and prestige classes have now been labelled Expert Classes,
                  > most classes have big changes).
                  >
                  > While I would love to have a perfect 1.0 .lst set and would be glad to
                  > help error check the chargen aspect of it, I do have to say that it
                  > may be extremely retrofitted later if you want to make it all
                  > compatible with the new system.
                  >
                  > Cry

                  Hi Tony
                  I'm working on the new edition now, I'm building it from scratch and it
                  will be it's own gameMode. The changes are significant enough that it has to
                  be done that way. Because the Shadowforce Archer campaign setting has been
                  discontinued I doubt it will be updated to the new system but they are
                  working on a new setting called World on Fire due out around October.
                  I'd love any help trouble shooting any of the datasets we have and any
                  new ones we will be putting in, stick around.
                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Content Silverback