HELP!! Please

  • Steffan-rene Cowan
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
      Hello. I have just purchased and downloaded the WotC file for PCGEN
      580. Unfortunately though it is not working. I followed the install
      instructions and restarted the program. Now howver I am not able to go
      to any of the other tabs (ie: race, class, feats, skills) and when I go
      into the HP or abilities button they work fine, however afterwards my
      cscreen turns grey and only part of it returns when I run my cursor
      over it. Please help me figure this out. Thanks.
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
        purchased??? from where?????? pc gen is totally free of charge, you only pay
        for datasets from codemonkey publishing. is this to what you are referring
        to?

        Hello. I have just purchased and downloaded the WotC file for PCGEN
        580. Unfortunately though it is not working. I followed the install
        instructions and restarted the program. Now howver I am not able to go
        to any of the other tabs (ie: race, class, feats, skills) and when I go
        into the HP or abilities button they work fine, however afterwards my
        cscreen turns grey and only part of it returns when I run my cursor
        over it. Please help me figure this out. Thanks.

        PCGen's FAQ:
        http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "pcgen" on the web.

      • Steffan-rene Cowan
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
          Yes that is exactly where I purchased it form. The program that I
          originally downloaded did not have these issues. It was just after I
          installed the WotcC set from codemonkey that the trouble began. I am
          not trying to blame anyone, I just want it to work.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <musicguerilla@h...> wrote:
          > purchased??? from where?????? pc gen is totally free of charge, you
          only pay
          > for datasets from codemonkey publishing. is this to what you are
          referring
          > to?

          Service.

        • cofoghlu
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
            I'm guessing that you've bought the 3.5e datasets from CMP. They have
            a special Game Mode that you need to use, so check out the README file
            in the zip that you have received which will tell you which mode to
            pick. It is not compatable with the OGL datasets that PCGEN ships with.

            (And I think that you'll have to re-build any characters that you made
            with the OGL stuff from scratch.)

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
              jelmore on the CMP forums has just done a post to help out someone
              with a similar problem.

              Check this out:
              http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=87439#87439

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Steffan-rene Cowan" <ratman70@y...> wrote:
              > Yes that is exactly where I purchased it form. The program that I
              > originally downloaded did not have these issues. It was just after I
              > installed the WotcC set from codemonkey that the trouble began. I am
              > not trying to blame anyone, I just want it to work.
              >

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <musicguerilla@h...> wrote:
              > > purchased??? from where?????? pc gen is totally free of charge, you
              > only pay
              > > for datasets from codemonkey publishing. is this to what you are
              > referring
              > > to?

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
                in that case you will need to check out the codemonkey forums at their site
                :) they will be very happy to help you with any problems there as well.
                since they are the ones responsible for the coding of their data sets they
                will be the ones to best help you out :)

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
                  thx cofoghlu, i wasn't aware of that yet, i only just bought a set myself
                  and haven't had time to install it yet, i'll check that out too :)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
                    I read the thread but it does not sound like my same problem. Similar
                    yes but not the same. Who nows. I posted my own thread on the forum.
                    Lets see if they respond.

                  • Alexander
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
                      Steffan, Check out the CMP Forums... the General Chat Forums... the
                      set of posts titled "WTF?? I actually PAID for this???"... there are
                      some tips for using the data sets ... that sounds like the problem you
                      are having.

                      Hope it helps.

                      Alex.
                    • ovka
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 19, 2005
                        > I read the thread but it does not sound like my same problem. Similar
                        > yes but not the same. Who nows. I posted my own thread on the forum.
                        > Lets see if they respond.

                        Remember that many of the people who normally respond on the CMP forums
                        are currently at Gencon. Give them some time to respond. You may have
                        to follow up some time next week in case your post gets missed in all
                        of the Gencon crazyness.

                        Good Luck,

                        Sir George Anonymous