Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Amulet of Natural Armor

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 2, 2005
      Tir Gwaith scribed:

      > Back off a bit, Eddy.
      >
      > Just go with NaturalEnhancement.

      Don't worry Tir, I'm not about to run roughshod through the data ;-)

      Seriously though, I realize that the last two bits we've been talking about
      have much deeper implications than the NaturalEnhancement setup does. I
      would not commit such a change without testing, discussion and consensus.

      But the issues here are related so I'm following this through to see what
      conclusions can be drawn.

      > If you go with ArmorEnhancement and ShieldEnhancement, you are going to
      > create more bugs.
      >
      > Specifically: Mage Armor, Bracers of Armor Stack do NOT stack with the
      > combined Armor and ArmorEnhancement you would want to try. If you split it
      > into two, then it won't stack with one, but will with the other, which is
      > incorrect. The spell Shield would likewise have the same problem, since it
      > grants a +4 Shield bonus that doesn't stack with a Shield and
      > ShieldEnhancement combined. Breaking that out twice would likewise cause
      > another bug.

      Thought about that, discovered a couple of other problems as well. Just
      consider this me thinking out load and not part of the Amulet of Natural
      Armor tracker.

      > Also, NaturalArmorEnhancement (please do NOT use NaturalEnhancement) would
      > be a 3.5 thing. I think this is another case of a few words changing,
      > changing meaning, and getting lost in the 3.0 > 3.5 adjustment everyone had
      > to make in their heads. The SRD would use the straight NaturalArmor.

      Definitely NaturalArmorEnhancement :-)

      > As for Magic Vestment, I think it can be done within the current system, but
      > with several BONUSes with proper PRExxx on them.

      I'll keep that in mind as I dig into this, maybe I'll hit upon that solution
      too.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2005
        ben_craig256 scribed:

        > <improbable solution>
        > Perhaps we could continue with the multiple bonus type thread and give
        > physical armor TYPE=Armor.Item and Magic Vestment a
        > TYPE=Armor.Item.Enhancement. To keep other armor bonuses from
        > inadvertantly stacking, we may be able to do something like
        > Armor.Magic. Then we can take the highest valued Armor "branch" and
        > use that for the armor bonus.
        > </improbable solution>

        Improbable indeed, since what we have now covers almost everything it's not
        likely to change anytime soon. However if you would like to keep poking at
        it (which is what I've been doing) Tir is continuing this thread at
        pcgen_experimental where we do most of the data development. Feel free to
        join us :-)

        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback