Re: DND Movie site

  • jml@qualcomm.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., lonejedi70@h... wrote:

      > That is pretty cool, I have to say. I wonder if they plan to
      finish
      > the site? I still hear talk of a D&D 2...

      Well we could always send emails asking if they plan to finish the
      site, I would love to see a character sheet for Damodar. It appears
      they are trying to give enough information to use the movie as a
      Campaign setting.
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
        I just added a Survey to the Sourceforge site. I get plenty of
        feedback about what functionality people want here, but it'll be
        interesting to see what the community at large thinks of PCGen and
        why they use it.

        -Bryan
      • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
          >From: merton_monk@...
          >Cool! No one has mentioned that before. I wonder where they hid the
          >pcg file... ;)

          Yes, it's certainly cool to see it turning up on a few sites. Hmmm, I like
          the grey background on the bio page at the end. And I also like the larger
          character name at the top. Perhaps I'll have to changed my sheets :-) Oh, I
          mean my character sheets :-)

          >I think that part of the appeal of PCGen is the charactersheets. It
          >would be interesting to know how many people like PCGen because they
          >can add their own campaigns, because it comes with a lot of
          >campaigns, or because of the character and/or party sheets?

          Well, I use it for the character sheets (duh) and the calculations (there
          seems to be a bit more of that in the 3rd edition).

          The fact that lots of the extra material is also supported is a bonus :-)

          Unfortunately my players characters are getting out of date, and not
          updated. They all find it to slow to use, and frustrating, so they are
          starting to just update their sheets by hand.

          -ROG
        • Stephen Gryphon
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
            From: <jml@...>
            > Not sure if this has ever been brought up but at the dndmovie.com
            > site they used PCGen to generate the characters sheets for the
            > website. Check it out at
            > http://www.dndmovie.com/new/ingameterms/Ridleyfreeborn_ROG.htm

            Just want to clarify dndmovie.com is not the official web site - it is a fan
            site.

            From the homepage: "This site is done out of our total fanaticism for the
            game and the whole DnD scene. It is not affiliated with TSR..."

            Also, PCGEN is credited in the news section, with a link to the sourceforge
            site.

            - Sly
          • jml@qualcomm.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard O'Doherty-Gregg" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
              > Unfortunately my players characters are getting out of date, and not
              > updated. They all find it to slow to use, and frustrating, so they
              are
              > starting to just update their sheets by hand.

              You know what is funny I have already calculated my character for the
              next four levels. I will just go in an make whatever minor changes I
              need to.
            • Mike Boozer
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001

                I hate to be the voice of criticism, but why would anyone care much about the DnD movie.  I thought it was considered a huge failure.  I know I felt like I could have written a more provoking story.

                Mike

              • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                  Party Pooper!! ;)

                  -Lone Jedi
                  (Jason)

                • pjak@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard O'Doherty-Gregg" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
                    > Unfortunately my players characters are getting out of date, and not
                    > updated. They all find it to slow to use, and frustrating, so they
                    are
                    > starting to just update their sheets by hand.

                    Do what I do. Print out new sheets each session, and say these are
                    the ones we're going to use. For some reason, this makes the players
                    almost eager to keep their characters uptodate. ;-)

                    /Jonas
                  • Kevyn
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 2, 2001
                      I always take a two extra characters with me to a session. The next
                      two levels. Sometimes we level in the middle of a session. It makes
                      thing flow faster instead of alot of dice rolling time consumption.

                      Kevin

                    • jml@qualcomm.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 2, 2001
                        I sent an email to the people at the DNDMovie site and yes it is a
                        fan site, but the stats for the characters are from the creator of
                        the movie itself, so the stats are as close to what Dave Arneson
                        wanted. As for finishing the In Game Terms Section this is a big
                        yes, but it is all based on how fast Dave Arneson finishes his Movie
                        Module. But it seems Elwood is supposed to be out next advance word
                        is a 8th level fighter with a level of Barbarian thrown in, dirty
                        fighting, and improved trip feats of course.