pcgenview---most annoying problem

  • tahl_liadon
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      oh, no, not pcgenview itself.

      if tim evans is reading this, i wonder if you could do something...

      yahoo groups puts pcgenview under "games". i'm behind a firewall at
      work and they friggin' block out anything with "game" in the url!
      sucks for me since i do a lot of "tech learning" during my down time
      at work :D

      so, i can get to pcgen forum, but not pcgenview! aaaarrrrrg!!

      is it possible (and easy) to change pcgenview to a different category
      in yahoo group? i was thinking like "computer and technology" and then
      under software development, or hardware pda ... or something that
      doesn't have the word "game" in it.

      i know this is a self-serving request... but i thought i'd try ;)

      thnx in advance!

      p.s. tim, since you're reading this (or any pcgenview users), i might
      as well post a couple of questions, which i had intended to post on
      the pcgenview forum.

      if this has already been asked/discussed, please pardon my ignorance;
      i'll ask again:

      1) can you convert your pcgenview data file back to to .pcg format?

      2) also, it seems like some fields on pcgenview can be affected but
      nothing actually happens when i select them (e.g. character swapping;
      weapons temporarary bonus adjustment; etc.) ... are they still in the
      works, or is it just a bit misleading (my hoping that they would work)?

      thnx!
    • Brass Tilde
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        > yahoo groups puts pcgenview under "games". i'm behind a firewall at
        > work and they friggin' block out anything with "game" in the url!
        > sucks for me since i do a lot of "tech learning" during my down time
        > at work :D

        > so, i can get to pcgen forum, but not pcgenview! aaaarrrrrg!!

        If you were to subscribe to the list, rather than join the group, you could get the list messages in your email client without ever
        going to the group.

        You should be able to send an email addressed to pcgenview-subscribe@yahoogroups.com using the email account to which you want mail
        delivered.

        The messages come with a nice "[pcgenview]" string in the header, so they can easily be sorted out into a separate folder, if your
        email client has that capability.
      • Tim Evans
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hello tahl_liadon,

          Tuesday, August 2, 2005, 3:15:29 PM, you wrote:

          t> oh, no, not pcgenview itself.

          t> if tim evans is reading this, i wonder if you could do something...

          t> yahoo groups puts pcgenview under "games". i'm behind a firewall at
          t> work and they friggin' block out anything with "game" in the url!
          t> sucks for me since i do a lot of "tech learning" during my down time
          t> at work :D

          t> so, i can get to pcgen forum, but not pcgenview! aaaarrrrrg!!

          t> is it possible (and easy) to change pcgenview to a different category
          t> in yahoo group? i was thinking like "computer and technology" and then
          t> under software development, or hardware pda ... or something that
          t> doesn't have the word "game" in it.

          t> i know this is a self-serving request... but i thought i'd try ;)

          It would be easier to use 'Brass Tilde' suggestion.

          t> thnx in advance!

          t> p.s. tim, since you're reading this (or any pcgenview users), i might
          t> as well post a couple of questions, which i had intended to post on
          t> the pcgenview forum.

          t> if this has already been asked/discussed, please pardon my ignorance;
          t> i'll ask again:

          t> 1) can you convert your pcgenview data file back to to .pcg format?

          Its something i've though about, but its a bit of a moving target :)
          But one day I might have inspiration.

          t> 2) also, it seems like some fields on pcgenview can be affected but
          t> nothing actually happens when i select them (e.g. character swapping;
          t> weapons temporarary bonus adjustment; etc.) ... are they still in the
          t> works, or is it just a bit misleading (my hoping that they would work)?

          Most should work, the boost section is still work in progress, there
          is a bug with strength changes that I'm looking it.

          t> thnx!

          t> PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
          t> PCGen's alpha build: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds
          t> PCGen's FAQ: