Re: [BUG] Amulet of Natural Armor

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 2, 2005
      > rwkohl@c... scribed:
      >
      > > The only exception to similar types stacking is "Circumstantial"
      Bonuses.

      > Nope "Dodge" stacks with itself as well.

      I think he was refereing to the fact the circumstance bonuses only add
      together under certain, well, circumstances. Circumstance bonuses add
      together only when they are gained for different conditions. For
      example, a circumstance bonus on equipment would add to the
      circumstance bonus due to fog because one is equipment and the other
      is enviromental. But a circumstance bonus due to fog and one due to
      rain would not stack - both are environmental.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2005
        ben_craig256 scribed:

        > <improbable solution>
        > Perhaps we could continue with the multiple bonus type thread and give
        > physical armor TYPE=Armor.Item and Magic Vestment a
        > TYPE=Armor.Item.Enhancement. To keep other armor bonuses from
        > inadvertantly stacking, we may be able to do something like
        > Armor.Magic. Then we can take the highest valued Armor "branch" and
        > use that for the armor bonus.
        > </improbable solution>

        Improbable indeed, since what we have now covers almost everything it's not
        likely to change anytime soon. However if you would like to keep poking at
        it (which is what I've been doing) Tir is continuing this thread at
        pcgen_experimental where we do most of the data development. Feel free to
        join us :-)

        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback