Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Amulet of Natural Armor

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 1, 2005
      >> The only exception to similar types stacking is "Circumstantial"
      >> Bonuses.

      > Nope "Dodge" stacks with itself as well.

      >> Natural Armor from any sorce only grants the better One Sorce. Be
      >> it Natural or otherwise. Just like Deflection bonuses. Only one
      >> will work, and usually the best one any single PC has at the time.

      > Right but the Amulet of Natural Armor does not grant a "Natural Armor
      > bonus to AC" it grants "an enhancement bonus to his natural armor
      > bonus" and I think this should be a new type.

      Not really a new type. You can have multpile enhancement bonuses in
      effect, just not on the same thing. E.g. up to +5 to your dex, +5 to a
      shield and a suit of armor (+10 total for those) and +5 on your natural
      armor (normally +0 for core races). This would give a pretty hefty
      boost to the AC of the character (17.5 total boost) that all, in
      essence, stack, but are enhancements to different things.

      The rest becomes programming conventions and not in game term
      conventions for needs of stacking all these various bonuses. Could just
      leave them all as type=enhancement and then use something else to define
      the base that they are enhancing. (attribute, armor, shield, natural
      armor). So... maybe something like

      TYPE=armor.enhancement
      TYPE=shield.enhancement
      TYPE=attribute.enhancement
      TYPE=naturalarmor.enhancement
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2005
        ben_craig256 scribed:

        > <improbable solution>
        > Perhaps we could continue with the multiple bonus type thread and give
        > physical armor TYPE=Armor.Item and Magic Vestment a
        > TYPE=Armor.Item.Enhancement. To keep other armor bonuses from
        > inadvertantly stacking, we may be able to do something like
        > Armor.Magic. Then we can take the highest valued Armor "branch" and
        > use that for the armor bonus.
        > </improbable solution>

        Improbable indeed, since what we have now covers almost everything it's not
        likely to change anytime soon. However if you would like to keep poking at
        it (which is what I've been doing) Tir is continuing this thread at
        pcgen_experimental where we do most of the data development. Feel free to
        join us :-)

        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback