Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Amulet of Natural Armor

  • rwkohl@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 1, 2005
      The only exception to similar typs stacking is "Circumstantial" Bonuses. Natural Armor from any sorce only grants the better One Sorce. Be it Natural or otherwise. Justl like Deflection bonuses. Only one will work, and usually the best one any single PC has at the time.

      Rich

      Okay I'm not sure if this has been covered by a WotC FAQ or not. From
      reading the Amulet of Natural Armor it should stack with a character's
      natural armor bonus, if any. Which it doesn't because it's missing the
      .STACK on the bonus.

      Amulet of Natural Armor: This amulet, usually crafted from bone or beast
      scales, toughens the wearer's body and flesh, giving him an enhancement
      bonus to his natural armor bonus of from +1 to +5, depending on the kind
      of amulet.

      Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
      PCGen BoD OGL Silverback, Data Lemur & Tracker Lemur
      ICQ: 14397299
      AO: Nylan
      CoH:Nylan Neblett
      Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

      "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks"

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2005
        ben_craig256 scribed:

        > <improbable solution>
        > Perhaps we could continue with the multiple bonus type thread and give
        > physical armor TYPE=Armor.Item and Magic Vestment a
        > TYPE=Armor.Item.Enhancement. To keep other armor bonuses from
        > inadvertantly stacking, we may be able to do something like
        > Armor.Magic. Then we can take the highest valued Armor "branch" and
        > use that for the armor bonus.
        > </improbable solution>

        Improbable indeed, since what we have now covers almost everything it's not
        likely to change anytime soon. However if you would like to keep poking at
        it (which is what I've been doing) Tir is continuing this thread at
        pcgen_experimental where we do most of the data development. Feel free to
        join us :-)

        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback