Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] Amulet of Natural Armor

  • Stephane Lafrance
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 1, 2005
      My two cents:

      Any single enhancement to REAL Natural Armor does not stack with another Enhancement to REAL Natural Armor. But any enhancement to REAL Natural Armor will stack with REAL Natural Armor.

      What am I saying? Quite simple: The only thing that stacks with the rest is REAL Natural Armor. Can we have all the monsters with Natural Armor with a .STACK tag? It is probably longer to do, but if it is possibile at all, I think it would also be simpler and fix any issues with this.

      If we get a PrC or a feat that improves Natural Armor, the PrC or feat can also have the .STACK tag. But at least a magical item or spell would not stack with each other.

      If I am totally wrong, I hope it still helped with stiring some solutions in your minds... :-)

      Enjoy!

      Stephan

      ben_craig256 <ben_craig@...> wrote:
      Here's a possibility, although it too is pretty ugly.

      Turn natural armor into an item, that just happens to always be
      equipped. Then you can have the amulet give an enhancement bonus to
      the item called "natural armor". This will make it fall more in line
      with the way Armor (as in plate) works. If you recall, there are
      enhancement bonuses to Armor bonuses as well, we just normally call
      that +3 Plate instead of Plate with a +3 enhancement bonus.

      Of course, I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to have one item
      give another item a bonus, but that's my 2 cents just the same.

      > On 8/1/05 5:19 PM, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
      >
      > > But if you don't put TYPE=NaturalArmor it won't show up in the
      correct spot
      > > on the AC output.
      >
      > That's true. So it seems for a complete solution we need a few
      things: 1) we
      > need a new AC type for enhancments to natural armor, how about
      > TYPE=NaturalEnhancement? 2) we need to add this to
      ACTYPE:NaturalArmor in
      > the miscinfo.lst so it shows up right in the output.
      > --
      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

      PCGen's FAQ:
      http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 3, 2005
        ben_craig256 scribed:

        > <improbable solution>
        > Perhaps we could continue with the multiple bonus type thread and give
        > physical armor TYPE=Armor.Item and Magic Vestment a
        > TYPE=Armor.Item.Enhancement. To keep other armor bonuses from
        > inadvertantly stacking, we may be able to do something like
        > Armor.Magic. Then we can take the highest valued Armor "branch" and
        > use that for the armor bonus.
        > </improbable solution>

        Improbable indeed, since what we have now covers almost everything it's not
        likely to change anytime soon. However if you would like to keep poking at
        it (which is what I've been doing) Tir is continuing this thread at
        pcgen_experimental where we do most of the data development. Feel free to
        join us :-)

        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback