PCGen BoD on IRC next week

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2005
      Devon (code lead) suggested that we start having the BoD meetings in
      IRC. The hope is this would help let everyone here have a better idea
      of what kinds of stuff the BoD (Board of Directors) deals with. It's
      also hoped that it will get some people more interested in an active
      role with the BoD (Will DC:19, er, I play this game too much!).

      Starting next sunday at 8:30PM CST (that's Chicago time), the BoD will
      conduct its entire meeting (approx. 1 hour) on IRC.

      Devon also suggested that I make the announcement.... I agreed, but
      only if he agreed to write up some directions for everyone here on how
      to get/install irc and join the pcgen channel. :D We'll use the one
      that's already existed for years (dalnet, #pcgen channel).

      Before the meeting we'll post the agenda of items to be discussed. At
      the end of those items is an 'open floor' item, that's where anyone
      can ask a question or bring something to our attention. Consider it an
      experiment - the only way to find out how it goes is to show up!

      We hope to see you there!

      Bryan McRoberts
      Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
    • Andrew McDougall
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
        Whoa....

        That will probably double the normal number of ppl in the IRC room,
        just from the BoD members...

        Thank goodness it will be late night for Europe, so it won't crimp some
        of our normal monkey-chatter time... :) Zaister and I can go off
        sometimes...

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
          merton_monk scribed:

          > Starting next sunday at 8:30PM CST (that's Chicago time), the BoD will
          > conduct its entire meeting (approx. 1 hour) on IRC.

          I hope I was in the right place, I'm not sure because only Tir and someone
          who's ady I didn't recognize was in the chat room. This after I spent some
          time attempting to get into the IRC channel, I had no success with any of
          the servers listed at DAL nets web site. After contacting their support desk
          they sent me an alternate list of servers which I'll share:

          jade.dal.net
          mesra.dal.net
          rumble.dal.net
          hotspeed.dal.net
          powertech.dal.net
          irc.dal.net
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
            Saw you there, Eddy. I wasn't actually around while you were there, but I
            saw you were there.

            > the servers listed at DAL nets web site. After contacting their support
            desk
            > they sent me an alternate list of servers which I'll share:
            >
            > jade.dal.net
            > mesra.dal.net
            > rumble.dal.net
            > hotspeed.dal.net
            > powertech.dal.net
            > irc.dal.net

            irc.dal.net or just dal.net always works for me. mIRC has a nice interface
            with dal.net.

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1 7:30 AM
              On 7/31/05 11:01 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

              >> they sent me an alternate list of servers which I'll share:
              >>
              >> jade.dal.net
              >> mesra.dal.net
              >> rumble.dal.net
              >> hotspeed.dal.net
              >> powertech.dal.net
              >> irc.dal.net
              >
              > irc.dal.net or just dal.net always works for me. mIRC has a nice interface
              > with dal.net.

              Those were the first I tried, and with many different clients. It seems the
              problem has something to do with my ISP not my system :/
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback