Re: PCGen 6.0 prioritization process has begun

  • billmarr84
    Message 1 of 74 , Jul 7, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
      wrote:
      > > Is it supposed to slow down as you add more sources?
      >
      > How many sources are you loading in 5.8 that's causing it to bog
      down?

      > Paul W. King
      > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      I am loading 10-15 sources.
    • Stephane Lafrance
      Message 74 of 74 , Jul 13, 2005
        [Crusade=on]Sorry if I offended purists[Crusade=off]

        I use the PDF export which I print afterwards. It is csheet_fantasy_std_blue which I think is pretty nifty. I like the way spells are listed. And as far as I am concerned, this format is all I need. Probably not useful for everybody though, especially for those that need to re-read the spell description every time...

        Since my character is a Wizard, if I create a new spellbook in PCGen for memorized Spells, I happen to have two distinct lists printed out which I really don't like. And since my Wizard has only a small amount of spells, even though he is 11th level, all spells work into one single spellbook. So I'm using the default "Known" list as my spellbook. How many people actually create new spell lists? I don't know and I don't care. All I wanted to do was to suggest adding the possibility of adding modified spells in any spell list, and not exclude the "Known" spell list. It could even be one of these PCGen options that would say: "Enable adding modified spells in "Known" spellbook (or spell list). It is only a suggestion, of course.

        csheet_fantasy_std_blue.xslt

        kigmatzomat <jamesmcp@...> wrote:

        [crusade=on] I would like to point out that "spellbooks" are only used
        by one class. Please begin referring to the way PCGen stores groups
        of spells the way the majority of casters do: as "spell lists."
        (Spellbook:1- Wizard. Spell list:5 bard, cleric, paladin, ranger,
        sorcerer) [crusade=off]

        Perhaps the sheet your using isn't quite as useful?