DND Movie site

  • jml@qualcomm.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
      Not sure if this has ever been brought up but at the dndmovie.com
      site they used PCGen to generate the characters sheets for the
      website. Check it out at
      http://www.dndmovie.com/new/ingameterms/Ridleyfreeborn_ROG.htm
    • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., jml@q... wrote:
        > Not sure if this has ever been brought up but at the dndmovie.com
        > site they used PCGen to generate the characters sheets for the
        > website. Check it out at
        > http://www.dndmovie.com/new/ingameterms/Ridleyfreeborn_ROG.htm

        That is pretty cool, I have to say. I wonder if they plan to finish
        the site? I still hear talk of a D&D 2...

        -Lone Jedi
        (Jason)
      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
          Cool! No one has mentioned that before. I wonder where they hid the
          pcg file... ;)

          I think that part of the appeal of PCGen is the charactersheets. It
          would be interesting to know how many people like PCGen because they
          can add their own campaigns, because it comes with a lot of
          campaigns, or because of the character and/or party sheets?

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., jml@q... wrote:
          > Not sure if this has ever been brought up but at the dndmovie.com
          > site they used PCGen to generate the characters sheets for the
          > website. Check it out at
          > http://www.dndmovie.com/new/ingameterms/Ridleyfreeborn_ROG.htm
        • STILES, BRAD
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001

            Set yourself up a poll. I know for me it is the fact that the breadth of
            material that's been made available by the user community makes it easy for
            me to create just about any type of character I need. That and the fact
            that the math comes out right...

            Brad
          • loyalp@home.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
              That sounds like a Survey on the SourceForge site...

            • artoomis@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                Speaking (well, writing, actually) just for me, I use it for the
                character sheets and customization available - like adding my own non-
                standard magic items, etc. It's great that I can choose which rules
                sets to apply (DMB, PHB, etc.)

                --William

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., lonejedi70@h... wrote:

                  > That is pretty cool, I have to say. I wonder if they plan to
                  finish
                  > the site? I still hear talk of a D&D 2...

                  Well we could always send emails asking if they plan to finish the
                  site, I would love to see a character sheet for Damodar. It appears
                  they are trying to give enough information to use the movie as a
                  Campaign setting.
                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                    I just added a Survey to the Sourceforge site. I get plenty of
                    feedback about what functionality people want here, but it'll be
                    interesting to see what the community at large thinks of PCGen and
                    why they use it.

                    -Bryan
                  • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                      >From: merton_monk@...
                      >Cool! No one has mentioned that before. I wonder where they hid the
                      >pcg file... ;)

                      Yes, it's certainly cool to see it turning up on a few sites. Hmmm, I like
                      the grey background on the bio page at the end. And I also like the larger
                      character name at the top. Perhaps I'll have to changed my sheets :-) Oh, I
                      mean my character sheets :-)

                      >I think that part of the appeal of PCGen is the charactersheets. It
                      >would be interesting to know how many people like PCGen because they
                      >can add their own campaigns, because it comes with a lot of
                      >campaigns, or because of the character and/or party sheets?

                      Well, I use it for the character sheets (duh) and the calculations (there
                      seems to be a bit more of that in the 3rd edition).

                      The fact that lots of the extra material is also supported is a bonus :-)

                      Unfortunately my players characters are getting out of date, and not
                      updated. They all find it to slow to use, and frustrating, so they are
                      starting to just update their sheets by hand.

                      -ROG
                    • Stephen Gryphon
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                        From: <jml@...>
                        > Not sure if this has ever been brought up but at the dndmovie.com
                        > site they used PCGen to generate the characters sheets for the
                        > website. Check it out at
                        > http://www.dndmovie.com/new/ingameterms/Ridleyfreeborn_ROG.htm

                        Just want to clarify dndmovie.com is not the official web site - it is a fan
                        site.

                        From the homepage: "This site is done out of our total fanaticism for the
                        game and the whole DnD scene. It is not affiliated with TSR..."

                        Also, PCGEN is credited in the news section, with a link to the sourceforge
                        site.

                        - Sly
                      • jml@qualcomm.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                          --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard O'Doherty-Gregg" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
                          > Unfortunately my players characters are getting out of date, and not
                          > updated. They all find it to slow to use, and frustrating, so they
                          are
                          > starting to just update their sheets by hand.

                          You know what is funny I have already calculated my character for the
                          next four levels. I will just go in an make whatever minor changes I
                          need to.
                        • Mike Boozer
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001

                            I hate to be the voice of criticism, but why would anyone care much about the DnD movie.  I thought it was considered a huge failure.  I know I felt like I could have written a more provoking story.

                            Mike

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                              Party Pooper!! ;)

                              -Lone Jedi
                              (Jason)

                            • pjak@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 1, 2001
                                --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard O'Doherty-Gregg" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
                                > Unfortunately my players characters are getting out of date, and not
                                > updated. They all find it to slow to use, and frustrating, so they
                                are
                                > starting to just update their sheets by hand.

                                Do what I do. Print out new sheets each session, and say these are
                                the ones we're going to use. For some reason, this makes the players
                                almost eager to keep their characters uptodate. ;-)

                                /Jonas
                              • Kevyn
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 2, 2001
                                  I always take a two extra characters with me to a session. The next
                                  two levels. Sometimes we level in the middle of a session. It makes
                                  thing flow faster instead of alot of dice rolling time consumption.

                                  Kevin

                                • jml@qualcomm.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 2, 2001
                                    I sent an email to the people at the DNDMovie site and yes it is a
                                    fan site, but the stats for the characters are from the creator of
                                    the movie itself, so the stats are as close to what Dave Arneson
                                    wanted. As for finishing the In Game Terms Section this is a big
                                    yes, but it is all based on how fast Dave Arneson finishes his Movie
                                    Module. But it seems Elwood is supposed to be out next advance word
                                    is a 8th level fighter with a level of Barbarian thrown in, dirty
                                    fighting, and improved trip feats of course.