Re: [pcgen] Class Creation Question

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
      > Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I
      > figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would
      > default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast,
      > too.

      Change the name of the class then PCGen won't know that it was a
      Paladin, hence the CASTAS tag.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
        He wants SPELLLIST:1|Paladin

        CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
        already had).

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > > Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I
        > > figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would
        > > default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast,
        > > too.
        >
        > Change the name of the class then PCGen won't know that it was a
        > Paladin, hence the CASTAS tag.
      • Rusty Emerson
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
          Thank you very much, Tir!!!
          CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
          already had).

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

          > > Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I
          > > figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would
          > > default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast,
          > > too.
          >
          > Change the name of the class then PCGen won't know that it was a
          > Paladin, hence the CASTAS tag.

          PCGen's FAQ:
          http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

        • Kevin Brown
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
            > He wants SPELLLIST:1|Paladin
            >
            > CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
            > already had).

            Ahh... My mistake
          • Rusty Emerson
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
              What tag would that have? Have tried define and spells to no avail.
              > CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
              > already had).

              Ahh... My mistake

              PCGen's FAQ:
              http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

            • taluroniscandar
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
                > > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
                > > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
                > > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
                > > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
                > > looking at what I might have forgotten?
                >
                > Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
                > class to the caster list of the spell.

                We found out a few weeks ago that CASTAS doesn't work.

                You probably need to add a SPELLLIST:1|Paladin tag