Re: [pcgen] Class Creation Question

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
      > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
      > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
      > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
      > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
      > looking at what I might have forgotten?

      Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
      class to the caster list of the spell.
    • Rusty Emerson
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
        Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast, too.

        > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
        > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
        > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
        > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
        > looking at what I might have forgotten?

        Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
        class to the caster list of the spell.

        PCGen's FAQ:
        http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

      • Kevin Brown
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
          > Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I
          > figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would
          > default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast,
          > too.

          Change the name of the class then PCGen won't know that it was a
          Paladin, hence the CASTAS tag.
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
            He wants SPELLLIST:1|Paladin

            CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
            already had).

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
              Thank you very much, Tir!!!

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                > He wants SPELLLIST:1|Paladin
                >
                > CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
                > already had).

                Ahh... My mistake
              • Rusty Emerson
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                  What tag would that have? Have tried define and spells to no avail.
                  > CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
                  > already had).

                  Ahh... My mistake

                  PCGen's FAQ:
                  http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                • taluroniscandar
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
                    > > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
                    > > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
                    > > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
                    > > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
                    > > looking at what I might have forgotten?
                    >
                    > Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
                    > class to the caster list of the spell.

                    We found out a few weeks ago that CASTAS doesn't work.

                    You probably need to add a SPELLLIST:1|Paladin tag