Customization Help

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      I've got a connundrum. I'm trying to modify some of the core classes to
      fit the GM's house rules. So, I have my own PCC that loads the RSRD and
      then loads my class file that mods the core classes. I've got it to
      change the # of skill points and what skills are CSKILL for each of the
      core classes. The problem comes in how to add bonus skill ranks to a
      skill type that is also a class skill for that class.

      Example: The wizard and cleric get bonus skill ranks for levels 2 - 20
      that can be spent on type=Knowledge class skills (e.g. Any knowledge for
      the Wizard, Religion, planes, arcana, etc... for the cleric). So, I was
      looking through the docs and thought it would be BONUS:Skillrank with a
      Choose, but I'm not proficient in lstese to know how to put it all together.

      The other thing I need to change is the cost of cross-class skills.
      They become maxrank = floor(class skill / 2), but have a cost of 1/rank
      instead of 2/rank. This is to remove the apparent double penalty to CC
      skills (half max rank, double price). Makes it overly expensive to buy
      any skill not on your class skill list with those few skill points one gets.