Re: Spell List in CA

  • Miles
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 12:43 PM
      Has anyone else had a problem with the spell list from Complete
      Arcane? My file stops at Ice Blast. I'd really hate to have to type
      it all in myself if there is a complete .lst out there, especially
      because someone seems to have walked off with my copy of CA at a con.

      Miles
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 2:04 PM
        PCGen doesn't have permission to distribute datasets for WotC's closed content books, which CA is one. Code Monkey Publishing
        (www.codemonkeypublishing.com) does have permission to sell such sets. From your email, I'm not sure if you're trouble is with a
        purchased dataset or not. If you bought the dataset, you'll need to go to CMP and see what the problem may be, as we have no
        control over how they do their sets. If you've done the set yourself, and are having issues, please go over to List File Help (
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ) and explain, generically, what your problem is.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2 3:24 PM
          No, I realized that and bought and paid for the stuff from CMP. I
          was asking if anyone who has done the same has the same problem or if
          I got a corrupted file.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
          wrote:
          > PCGen doesn't have permission to distribute datasets for WotC's
          closed content books, which CA is one. Code Monkey Publishing
          > (www.codemonkeypublishing.com) does have permission to sell such
          sets. From your email, I'm not sure if you're trouble is with a
          > purchased dataset or not. If you bought the dataset, you'll need to
          go to CMP and see what the problem may be, as we have no
          > control over how they do their sets. If you've done the set
          yourself, and are having issues, please go over to List File Help (
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ) and explain,
          generically, what your problem is.

          > Paul W. King
          > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

          Of
          > Miles
          > Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 2:43 PM
          > To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [pcgen] Re: Spell List in CA
          >
          > Has anyone else had a problem with the spell list from Complete
          Arcane? My file stops at Ice Blast. I'd really hate to have to
          > type it all in myself if there is a complete .lst out there,
          especially because someone seems to have walked off with my copy of
          > CA at a con.
          7/1/2005
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2 4:33 PM
            In that case, you need to go and ask this over at CMP's boards.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3 9:43 PM
              According to what I understand, CMP knows its has a defective spells for CA
              and were planning on an update to correct that, but its been delayed for
              the 5.8.0 rewrite for the whole data set.

              So far I have just been adding the ones that I need for the spell class
              that my character is at.

              --

              Terry FitzSimons
              FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)