RE: [pcgen] D&D level adjustment question

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      What you're missing is the fact that the metallic/chromatic 1/2 dragon templates all call a hidden template, and its that hidden
      template that grants the +3 LA. If you choose a base race (like human) and add one of the 1/2 dragon templates, you'll notice that
      your XP goes up to 6,000 (before you add any classes).

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

      I have recently noticed that the D&D monster manual for 3.5 includes a lvl. adj. of plus three. however, when i use pcgen with
      the complete 3.5 source loaded, half dragon templates have no level adjustment. Is this an oversight? A conflict of information?
      some information I missed? what is this?
    • left_hand_of_heaven
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 7:03 AM
        ah ha. thank you. I wanted to verify that my lvl adj. was factored
        in, and hadn't noticed that exp. change. Thanx

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
        wrote:
        > What you're missing is the fact that the metallic/chromatic 1/2
        dragon templates all call a hidden template, and its that hidden
        > template that grants the +3 LA. If you choose a base race (like
        human) and add one of the 1/2 dragon templates, you'll notice that
        > your XP goes up to 6,000 (before you add any classes).
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        Behalf Of
        > left_hand_of_heaven
        > Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:37 PM
        > To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [pcgen] D&D level adjustment question
        >
        > I have recently noticed that the D&D monster manual for 3.5
        includes a lvl. adj. of plus three. however, when i use pcgen with
        > the complete 3.5 source loaded, half dragon templates have no
        level adjustment. Is this an oversight? A conflict of information?
        > some information I missed? what is this?
        6/30/2005