D&D level adjustment question

  • left_hand_of_heaven
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      I have recently noticed that the D&D monster manual for 3.5 includes a
      lvl. adj. of plus three. however, when i use pcgen with the complete
      3.5 source loaded, half dragon templates have no level adjustment. Is
      this an oversight? A conflict of information? some information I
      missed? what is this?

      Thanks,
      John Michael
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
        What you're missing is the fact that the metallic/chromatic 1/2 dragon templates all call a hidden template, and its that hidden
        template that grants the +3 LA. If you choose a base race (like human) and add one of the 1/2 dragon templates, you'll notice that
        your XP goes up to 6,000 (before you add any classes).

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          ah ha. thank you. I wanted to verify that my lvl adj. was factored
          in, and hadn't noticed that exp. change. Thanx

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
          wrote:
          > What you're missing is the fact that the metallic/chromatic 1/2
          dragon templates all call a hidden template, and its that hidden
          > template that grants the +3 LA. If you choose a base race (like
          human) and add one of the 1/2 dragon templates, you'll notice that
          > your XP goes up to 6,000 (before you add any classes).
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

          Behalf Of
          > left_hand_of_heaven
          > Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:37 PM
          > To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [pcgen] D&D level adjustment question
          >
          > I have recently noticed that the D&D monster manual for 3.5
          includes a lvl. adj. of plus three. however, when i use pcgen with
          > the complete 3.5 source loaded, half dragon templates have no
          level adjustment. Is this an oversight? A conflict of information?
          > some information I missed? what is this?
          6/30/2005