Re: Changing weapon enhancement (PLUS:1) costs?

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Craig" <ben_craig@h...> wrote:
      > In my homebrewed system, I'm trying to make it so that weapon
      enhancements
      > are based on the size of the weapon, instead of being the flat 2000
      * bonus
      > * bonus (aiming for 1500 for light, 2000 for one handers, and 3000
      for two
      > handers, each times bonus squared). However, I have had no luck in
      finding
      > where this formula is stored, and the tinkering I've done with the
      COST tag
      > (using rsrd_equipmods_enhancing on 5.8.0) has only succeeded in
      increasing
      > the price, never lowering it. Any hints?

      More or less cross-posting and reprinting a post by Eddy on experimental
      ----
      In the miscinfo.lst file you will find these lines:

      PLUSCOST:AMMUNITION|BASEQTY*40*PLUS*PLUS
      PLUSCOST:ARMOR|1000*PLUS*PLUS
      PLUSCOST:SHIELD|1000*PLUS*PLUS
      PLUSCOST:WEAPON|(2000*PLUS*PLUS)+(2000*ALTPLUS*ALTPLUS)

      These set the Plus costs. It is somewhat hard coded in that the types are
      hardcoded so you could not do something like this:

      PLUSCOST:EPIC|1000*PLUS
      ----
      We've been discussing something similar on pcgen experimental due to
      the differences in price in epic magic and magic.

      You could try altering the equation to take into account size.