Changing weapon enhancement (PLUS:1) costs?

  • Ben Craig
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      In my homebrewed system, I'm trying to make it so that weapon enhancements
      are based on the size of the weapon, instead of being the flat 2000 * bonus
      * bonus (aiming for 1500 for light, 2000 for one handers, and 3000 for two
      handers, each times bonus squared). However, I have had no luck in finding
      where this formula is stored, and the tinkering I've done with the COST tag
      (using rsrd_equipmods_enhancing on 5.8.0) has only succeeded in increasing
      the price, never lowering it. Any hints?
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Craig" <ben_craig@h...> wrote:
        > In my homebrewed system, I'm trying to make it so that weapon
        enhancements
        > are based on the size of the weapon, instead of being the flat 2000
        * bonus
        > * bonus (aiming for 1500 for light, 2000 for one handers, and 3000
        for two
        > handers, each times bonus squared). However, I have had no luck in
        finding
        > where this formula is stored, and the tinkering I've done with the
        COST tag
        > (using rsrd_equipmods_enhancing on 5.8.0) has only succeeded in
        increasing
        > the price, never lowering it. Any hints?

        More or less cross-posting and reprinting a post by Eddy on experimental
        ----
        In the miscinfo.lst file you will find these lines:

        PLUSCOST:AMMUNITION|BASEQTY*40*PLUS*PLUS
        PLUSCOST:ARMOR|1000*PLUS*PLUS
        PLUSCOST:SHIELD|1000*PLUS*PLUS
        PLUSCOST:WEAPON|(2000*PLUS*PLUS)+(2000*ALTPLUS*ALTPLUS)

        These set the Plus costs. It is somewhat hard coded in that the types are
        hardcoded so you could not do something like this:

        PLUSCOST:EPIC|1000*PLUS
        ----
        We've been discussing something similar on pcgen experimental due to
        the differences in price in epic magic and magic.

        You could try altering the equation to take into account size.