[BUG] Vestments (Druid)

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2005
      The item 'Vestments (Druid)' increases the number of times a druid can
      wildshape by 1 per day. At 16th level a druid can wildshape into an
      elemental once per day.

      Should the Vestments (Druid) increase the number of times per day for the
      elemantal wildshape as well as the rest?
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2005
        > The item 'Vestments (Druid)' increases the number of times a druid can
        > wildshape by 1 per day. At 16th level a druid can wildshape into an
        > elemental once per day.
        >
        > Should the Vestments (Druid) increase the number of times per day
        for the
        > elemantal wildshape as well as the rest?

        The SRD entry says: "When this item is worn by a character with the
        wild shape ability, the character can use that ability one additional
        time each day."

        It does not distinguish between types of wild shape.

        The druid more or less lump elemental wildshaping in with wild shape
        period (it's all defined under the same special ability block).

        So the best answer might be "one additional wild shape, irregardless
        of type, per day." If you allow it to affect elemental wild shape
        separately (and dragon wildshape from a separate source, etc, etc)
        then the character is getting more benefit than he should from the
        basic item.
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2005
          On 6/23/05 11:30 AM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

          > The SRD entry says: "When this item is worn by a character with the
          > wild shape ability, the character can use that ability one additional
          > time each day."
          >
          > It does not distinguish between types of wild shape.
          >
          > The druid more or less lump elemental wildshaping in with wild shape
          > period (it's all defined under the same special ability block).

          That's what I was not clear on, the elemental wildshaping is a lesser number
          of the total times per day the druid can use the ability but it still counts
          against the total number of times per day, in other words they are not
          separate pools.

          > So the best answer might be "one additional wild shape, irregardless
          > of type, per day." If you allow it to affect elemental wild shape
          > separately (and dragon wildshape from a separate source, etc, etc)
          > then the character is getting more benefit than he should from the
          > basic item.

          Agreed, so the item will boost the general number of times per day but not
          specifically for elemental wildshaping.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback