Re: [pcgen] Re: [TM][Eddy] [Trackered] Automatic Weapon proficiencies

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 20, 2005
      thpr scribed:

      > Okay, so given your comment, and my presumption for how this is
      > supposed to work, I have found the quirk in WEAPONAUTO. It's actually
      > being hidden by some strange behavior that adds the automatic
      > proficiencies into the proficiency list two different ways (so that
      > the first way gets "SIMPLE" and the second way gets all of the simple
      > proficiencies).
      >
      > Was the presumption that when the WEAPONAUTO tag was encountered, that
      > if one of the contents was a Weapon type that it would import all of
      > the weapon proficiencies of that type? This seems to be the behavior
      > of some other parts of the code (so PCGen already assumes that if Foo
      > is a weapon type then Foo can never be the name of a Weapon
      > Proficiency and have the code work properly). If expanding SIMPLE is
      > the proper behavior, I can fix the tag and save you some trouble. (or
      > really, it's up to the LST team whether it is easier to convert or
      > leave WEAPONAUTO in the files)

      I can't comment on code internals (cause I've not a clue about it) but I can
      tell you that AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Simple is slightly more intuitive than
      WEAPONAUTO:SIMPLE

      The Data team is moving ahead with converting them to AUTO:WEAPONPROF and it
      should not be a big job. We did start this with the Core data and we should
      have had a tracker to clean up the rest but it never got entered. I'm glad
      you brought it to our attention :-)
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback