It sure is quiet today...

  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
      Is everyone at GenCon or something???? :)

      -Bryan
    • Thomas Clegg
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
        > Maybe this release works well? ;)

        It at least seems to not have introduced any major new bugs. :-)

        Now just have to clean up the existing. ;-)
        (esp. the CHOOSE:SKILLNAMED... BONUS:SKILL|LIST|6 one and the
        CHOOSE:SPELLKNOWN...[BONUS:...] in the Class.lst working.
        :-) ::cracking whip:: )

        Tom
      • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
          > Is everyone at GenCon or something???? :)
          >
          > -Bryan

          Don't I wish! As soon as they move it to Denver I'll go every year ;)

          I think we've just got a solid release this time. Maybe I should
          take a look at some of the unassigned bugs...

          -Lone Jedi
          (Jason)
        • Talyn Ehryk de Dragovon
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
            I will be doing the Gencon thing Fri/Sat.

            I just wanted ya guys/gals to know that this program is beautiful. I
            am happy to see all of the bug fixes, too bad Microsoft can't respond
            as quick as you! Thanks to Merton for your help with me getting my
            Monk Unarmed scores corrected yesterday through advice and the
            updated version. I loaded 2.09 on my laptop this morning and have
            been tweeking charachters with it all morning (work is slow today).
            It runs and looks great!

            Thanks for all of your effort!

          • nezzir@home.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
              Some places in the books it says:
              XXXXX per level of the spell caster
              Others it says:
              XXXXX per level of the character

              I assumed the first meant that you count each level of spell caster you had
              attained and ignored other multi-classed levels like fighter and such.

              I assumed the second meant count all levels of the character no matter what.

              I was multi-classing a Bard(4)/Psychic Warrior(1) and it offered me the
              "Craft Psionic Arms and Armor" feat even though the text stated the
              prerequisites as "Manifester Level 5th+".

              This confused me. I didn't think I met the requirements for that feat. If
              you add all my levels (not just the Psychic Warrior) I'm 5th level, but if
              you look a Psychic Warrior only my Manifester Level would appear to be 1st.

              I can't find a solid reference to this in the books. I assume spells and
              normal feats work the same way. Is this a bug or a rule misunderstanding
              on my part? My whole group wants to know.

              Thanks in advance
              NezziR
            • Rodney Cherry
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
                Actually isnt it moving to Indianapolis in a couple of years? I remember people throwing a fit about it in some webboard somewhere.
                -rodney
                > Is everyone at GenCon or something???? :)
                >
                > -Bryan

                Don't I wish!  As soon as they move it to Denver I'll go every year ;)

                I think we've just got a solid release this time.  Maybe I should
                take a look at some of the unassigned bugs...

                -Lone Jedi
                (Jason)

              • Mark Hulsman
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
                  > Is everyone at GenCon or something???? :)
                  >
                  > -Bryan

                  I wish I was at GenCon, but I'm working way too much instead :( Next
                  year I'll start going every year to GenCon. Since I live in KY and
                  go to college in Indiana and Indy is 1 1/2 hours from both home and
                  school :)
                • Rodney Cherry
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
                    Purdue, boo :)
                    If your gonna live in kentukiana it should be Louisville :) Boy is it fun living in a city with so many co-eds :)
                    -rodney

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 2, 2001
                      > Purdue, boo :)
                      > If your gonna live in kentukiana it should be Louisville :) Boy is
                      it fun living in a city with so many co-eds :)
                      > -rodney

                      I do live in Louisville :) And I go to Purdue.
                    • Todd Peterson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 2, 2001
                        I live at the main campus for Penn State. Same wonderful problem. :P

                        At 09:55 PM 8/2/01 +0000, you wrote:
                        > > Purdue, boo :)
                        > > If your gonna live in kentukiana it should be Louisville :) Boy is
                        >it fun living in a city with so many co-eds :)
                        > > -rodney
                        >
                        >I do live in Louisville :) And I go to Purdue.

                        Todd

                        P.S. Currently, my netaddress (solutions.now@...) will be deactivated
                        as of July 31st. My permanent address is unbeliever@.... I have
                        one other account that I will be transitioning from, which is
                        unbeliever10@.... Sorry for the problems folks. myrealbox was just
                        a better deal.
                      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 2, 2001
                          Yeah - I think they're in Milwaukee again next year and maybe even
                          the year after that.

                          -Bryan

                          --- In pcgen@y..., "Rodney Cherry" <rodac0@h...> wrote:
                          > Actually isnt it moving to Indianapolis in a couple of years? I
                          remember people throwing a fit about it in some webboard somewhere.
                          > -rodney
                        • Rayston n. Orphan
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 2, 2001
                            > Yeah - I think they're in Milwaukee again next year and maybe even
                            > the year after that.
                            >
                            > -Bryan
                            >
                            > --- In pcgen@y..., "Rodney Cherry" <rodac0@h...> wrote:
                            > > Actually isnt it moving to Indianapolis in a couple of years? I
                            > remember people throwing a fit about it in some webboard somewhere.
                            > > -rodney

                            Looks like next year is the last.

                            As Copy pasted from the Gen con page

                            Future Gen Cons

                            "----------

                            Milwaukee, WI
                            August 8-11, 2002
                            Indianapolis, IN
                            August 21-24, 2003
                            August 19-22, 2004
                            August 18-21, 2005
                            August 17-20, 2006

                            exact url to this info is

                            http://www.wizards.com/gencon/2001/main.asp?x=2001/welcome,3

                            Click the "Future Gen Cons" Link on the Right side under the
                            listing "Past/Future Gen Cons"
                          • nezzir@home.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 3, 2001
                              Never saw a response to this. Am I looking at this incorrectly or does no
                              one know? If I need to elaborate, let me know. It's a question on rules I
                              know, but it was brought up by actions of PCGen and I need to know if it's
                              a bug or just me not seeing it correctly...

                              At 03:08 PM 8/1/2001 -0500, you wrote:
                              >Some places in the books it says:
                              >XXXXX per level of the spell caster
                              >Others it says:
                              >XXXXX per level of the character
                              >
                              >I assumed the first meant that you count each level of spell caster you had
                              >attained and ignored other multi-classed levels like fighter and such.
                              >
                              >I assumed the second meant count all levels of the character no matter what.
                              >
                              >I was multi-classing a Bard(4)/Psychic Warrior(1) and it offered me the
                              >"Craft Psionic Arms and Armor" feat even though the text stated the
                              >prerequisites as "Manifester Level 5th+".
                              >
                              >This confused me. I didn't think I met the requirements for that feat. If
                              >you add all my levels (not just the Psychic Warrior) I'm 5th level, but if
                              >you look a Psychic Warrior only my Manifester Level would appear to be 1st.
                              >
                              >I can't find a solid reference to this in the books. I assume spells and
                              >normal feats work the same way. Is this a bug or a rule misunderstanding
                              >on my part? My whole group wants to know.
                              >
                              >Thanks in advance
                              >NezziR

                              NezziR,
                              Mark A. Warren
                              -=*-----------------------------------------------------*=-

                              "Tis now the very witching time of night
                              when churchyards yawn and hell itself breaths out contagion to this world,
                              now could I drink hot blood and do such bitter business as the day would
                              quake to look on."

                              William Shakespeare,
                              Hamlet
                            • Mike Bentley
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 1, 2001
                                At 8/1/01, you wrote:
                                >Is everyone at GenCon or something???? :)
                                >
                                >-Bryan

                                Maybe this release works well? ;)

                                ---
                                Mike Bentley