Bug in Feat???

  • Thomas Clegg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      Ok, this is weird.... I'm trying to get the Extra Smiting to work.

      I try the entry without the MULT:YES and STACK:YES, and it lets me choose the feat when I meet the PreReqs, and changes the Selected to Yes.  I can only choose it one time though.

      If I try it with MULT:YES and no STACK: entry, it doesn't let me select it.

      If I try it with MULT:YES and STACK:YES, it also doesn't let me choose it.

      All this is done with
      a) DEFINE:Smite|1 being added to the Paladin at 2nd level
      b) PREVAR:Smite,1 being added to the Extra Smiting Feat

      In all cases of not selecting, the debug console shows (I cleared it before hitting the select button and did a get on the variable Smite after):
      PreReq:Extra Smiting
      New1:Smite = 1.0

      ANy ideas?
      Tom
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        Hm - I noticed it wasn't working either. Something is obviously
        amiss - thanks for your analysis! I think what you're doing is
        correct, it simply isn't working right.

        -Bryan
      • rabrhe@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., Thomas Clegg <arknight@s...> wrote:
          > Ok, this is weird.... I'm trying to get the Extra Smiting to work.
          >
          > I try the entry without the MULT:YES and STACK:YES, and it lets me
          choose the feat when I meet the PreReqs, and changes the Selected to
          Yes. I can only choose it one time though.

          It seems that all you have to do is add a tag like CHOOSE:Extra
          Smiting and it works just fine.

          Anyway, this message made me check something -- the feats I'm using as
          a workaround for the Mage-Killer. This feat is written up as so:

          Fortitude Improvement TYPE:MageKillerBonus DESC:Workaround for Mage-Killer Class. Improves Fortitude
          saves. Do not buy. CHOOSE:+1 Fortitude BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude|1 PRECLASS:Mage-Killer=1 MULT:YES STACK:YES
          But, no matter how many times it is chosen, it's only giving a +1 to
          my fortitude saves. A little help?
        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
            > Anyway, this message made me check something -- the feats I'm using
            as
            > a workaround for the Mage-Killer. This feat is written up as so:
            >
            > Fortitude Improvement TYPE:MageKillerBonus DESC:Workaround for
            Mage-Killer Class. Improves Fortitude
            > saves. Do not buy. CHOOSE:+1 Fortitude
            BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude|1 PRECLASS:Mage-Killer=1
            MULT:YES STACK:YES
            > But, no matter how many times it is chosen, it's only giving a +1 to
            > my fortitude saves. A little help?

            Yup - this is Bug# #445487 (different bug but same issue). This
            one's on my short list. :)

            -Bryan